Why become a member? ×

Neck Dive

stewblack

is there a cavity at the rear ? if yes, you could try the following redneck solution that I applied on my Gibson money bass

I used wheel weights (the one used to balance the wheels on your car) inisde the cavity. They are sticky... I used 300g

The cavity was full and there was still a bit of neckdive, so I raised the rare strap pin (around 4 inches - 10cm) to move the center of gravity. 

It's now ok, still a bit of neckdive but I can stand it 🙂

Edited by chris7273

1 hour ago, chris7273 said:

is there a cavity at the rear ? if yes, you could try the following redneck solution that I applied on my Gibson money bass

I used wheel weights (the one used to balance the wheels on your car) inisde the cavity. They are sticky... I used 300g

The cavity was full and there was still a bit of neckdive, so I raised the rare strap pin (around 4 inches - 10cm) to move the center of gravity. 

It's now ok, still a bit of neckdive but I can stand it 🙂

Brilliant! 

On 18/11/2020 at 06:43, BreadBin said:

Solved - Thanks man. Pulling the strap over the rear hump took away say 50% of the dive. But by doing so it also shortened the strap which brought the bass up a little and now my right forearm rests beautifully on the back of the bass. It's not only very comfortable, but the weight of the arm kills the last bit of imbalance!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Solved - Thanks man. Pulling the strap over the rear hump took away say 50% of the dive. But by doing so it also shortened the strap which brought the bass up a little and now my right forearm rests beautifully on the back of the bass. It's not only very comfortable, but the weight of the arm kills the last bit of imbalance!

That's great to hear 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Excellent!

• Like 1