NO MORE FOR SALE
£1600
Italy

govons

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NoirBass said:

Lovely bass, if 2020 had not been so catastrophic for my finances I would be seriously interested.

GLWTS

correct, this is very nice playable bass, the roasted maple neck is very smooth to play. Anyway you can alwasy make an offer then we'll see

• MB1 locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay J
      Sterling Stingray 5, Pearl White,  double Humbucker from 2019. 3 band EQ, active pre amp.Tusq nut. Black Pickguard. 5 way switch. 22 frets.34 inch scale.Roasted maple neck and fingerboard. 12 inch radius neck. Soft case by sterling with shoulder straps. Perfect condition, no dings or scratches. Cash only, in person, Bristol area.

• By PsyBean
      PRICE DROP, NOW £1100.
      This is a bargain price for an immaculate USA made Stingray 5. Just check out new prices on https://www.andertons.co.uk. Grab this before I change my mind and put the price back up! You will not find a better second hand example.
      For Sale, 2008 Musicman Stingray 5 H in Honeyburst.
      Great condition and comes in Musicman hard case including wipes, case key, branded cleaning cloth and branded strap. I have owned this from new and used it regularly up until lockdown but have taken great care of it. Case is in excellent condition and is hardly used as bass lived and was transported in top quality Mono M80 case. Weight of bass is 4.25kg/9.4lbs. In case you need the specs:
      Finish: Honey Burst, with white pickguard and chrome hardware. Body: Select ash. Neck: High grade maple. Quartersawn for maximum stability. Back of the neck unpainted, hand oiled and waxed for a smooth satin feel. Music Man instruments are particularly so famous among musicians, because of the outstanding quality of their necks. The neck is a pleasure to grab, feels perfect to your hand and plays just fantastic! Scale: 34" (Standard long scale). Fretboard: High grade maple. Frets: 22, high profile, narrow width. Nut: 44,5 mm. Headstock: Natural. Tuners: Schaller BM, placed in the 4+1 design. Bridge: Original Music Man USA. Chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate. Pickups: 1x Original Music Man USA humbucker, with white cover. With alnico pole pieces and additional phantom coil to cancel hum in all 3 positions (serial, parallel and single coil). A classic among the bass pickups, famous for its relentless punch and rocking character. Electronics: 1x volume, 1x treble, 1x mids, 1x bass, 3-way switch. Absolutely outstanding quality of selected woods, craftsmanship, handling and sound! The bass comes with a high-quality original Music Man USA hardshell case and factory accessories. I put this up for sale before but withdrew it as I would have been sad to see it go but am selling now as I have spotted another bass I desperately want and I only have room for so many. It has that wonderful Stingray growl with the added bonus of a super-tight low B.
      I have inspected the bass very carefully and think it has 3 very minor marks, which I have photographed but are very hard to see in reality. One mark is next to the lower heel, below the pick plate, one mark is inside the lower heel recess and one mark is on the upper heel just behind the strap button. I have marked these in the photos, any other apparent marks in the photos are dust/light reflections.
      You are very welcome to come and inspect and try. I will courier to you subject to agreeing costs and insurance.
      Thank you for looking, let me know if you need any further photos or info.
      Update; I've added another photo to try and illustrate that the two marks on the lower heel are almost imperceptible. I've done my best to highlight them but I think my original photos make them look worse than they actually are. This bass is in near-immaculate condition and a stunning 2008 example.

• By Bassfingers
      I feel I'm among understanding friends here, so thought I would share a confession I have about my 2013 Musicman Stingray HH. 
      It is, without doubt, a fine and well crafted instrument with a great tonal range and a fantastic neck. The action will sit as low as I want and it is no effort to play. A wide strap compensates for the weight and with the TI flats I have on at the moment it sounds great.
      In short, it is the best bass I have ever owned and I like it - a lot. But (this is the confession bit) I don't LOVE it. Feels almost sacrilegious to say this but I've had her for 2 years now and play every day. 
      I don't know what it is, but I don't feel as free on the fingerboard as I do with other basses. It might be something to do with how the bass sits on me. It feels maybe a little too biased to the right. The neck is amazing, but altogether it just seems to lack that rubbery funky freedom (that's the best I can do) I've had on other basses. For precision, tone, quality and looks (sunburst with tort pickguard) for that matter I can't fault it. I'm just finding it a little..... sterile? 
      I just wondered if others have had a similar experience with Stingrays. I played a Stingray 5 recently, and that seemed to sit differently against the body. 
      I'd be really interested to hear your experience of this amazing bass that I seem to be surprisingly ambivalent about. 

It can't be just me? Can it (Janet)?

• By Servecool1987
      (SOLD) Ray35 Bass in awesome looking Honey Burst. Sounds absolutely beautiful. Low b is punching amazing well. In great condition bar one small nick in necm around 7th fret. Only selling as to fund new purchase.
      Owned this bass for a couple of years and has been well maintained by myself and previous owner. 
      Can meet in Renfrewshire/Glasgow area. Any questions please feel free to ask. 
      Willing to courrier at buyers expense and risk within the uk. Will ensure it is wrapped well. 

• By Edenburgh
      Posting for my son who has inherited my bass habit.
      Over the past few months he has developed a hankering for a US Musicman Stingray but after forecasting his financial income (pocket money) realises he needs to do a 3-into-1 trade type arrangement.
      So ideally the following 3 basses would go in a single straight trade for a US Musicman Stingray (4 string, single pickup models only).
      We reckon the three basses would land at the price of a secondhand Stingray (£1350ish).   Details follow:
      Ibanez SR506  : usual SR series fast neck and a great way to get an affordable and easy playing six stringer.  Has a couple of small dings on edge of body but really clean otherwise.  No gig bag unfortunately.
      Status Energy : Ash body and fitted with hipshot detuner (original tuner included). Also comes with a Hiscox Status branded case.    Bit of thumbnail grazing above the pickup but otherwise in great overall condition.
      Status The Groove : this is the bass that has given him the taste for a Stingray.   Awesome sounding bass from the triple coil pickup (I seem to recall one is a dummy coil?).   Excellent condition.  Includes generic gig bag.
      Soooo.....ideally the world would be nice and neat and someone out there is willing to part with a US 4 string single pickup Stingray in straight exchange for these three.    We realise the world often isn't that perfect but let's give it a shot....
      More pics available upon request.  Ideally meet up for trade (edinburgh and central belt) rather than trying to post.