Why become a member? ×

BC straplocks

Si600

6 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

One of the original Le Mans cars is in the museum at the Nurburgring......it's very very very low!

That's why it was called the GT40 - it was 40 inches high.  [Caine] Not a lotta people know that [/Caine/]

A

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I notice they stay flatter than Grolsch ones.

They're just better full stop.

In all seriousness I tried tons of prototypes and found the best type of rubber (some are too soft, some are way too hard) and got the thickness to what I wanted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ped said:

In all seriousness I tried tons of prototypes and found the best type of rubber (some are too soft, some are way too hard) and got the thickness to what I wanted.

I imagine similar words were spoken by the man that invented the condom!

• Haha 5

Well, that was a fight!

I'm not sure if the strap buttons on my Italia are larger than normal but it took a lot of wrestling to fit the strap locks.  I think the thickness of my Levi suede strap didn't help either.  Anyway they are on and there they will stay!  Thanks for getting them done.  The angle of my strap, when I play the bass, often springs the softer rubber locks into outer space.  These should stay put.

20201121_164410.jpg

10 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

You never need to apologise for not touching the sides son.

I call my technique 'ringing the bell'. 

(I fear I'm testing the 'crude' limits of BC. Feel free to shoot me down at any point, it'll likely be deserved!)

Edited by binky_bass
  • Haha 2

On 20/11/2020 at 17:54, Alien said:

That's why it was called the GT40 - it was 40 inches high.  [Caine] Not a lotta people know that [/Caine/]

A

One of the things that made me very happy is that Clarkson has always wanted one, but he can't fit in one.  It's Schadenfruede, but he deserves it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Si600 said:

One of the things that made me very happy is that Clarkson has always wanted one, but he can't fit in one.  It's Schadenfruede, but he deserves it.

Maybe he should try using KY. 

Man alive this has gone OT!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Maybe he should try using KY. 

Man alive this has gone OT!

I'm 6'4" and +20 stone and I got into an original GT! The door did not close and my derrière cheeks were perched atop the bucket seat rather than in it, but I class that as 'in'! 

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, binky_bass said:

The door did not close and my derrière cheeks were perched atop the bucket seat rather than in it, but I class that as 'in'! 

In the same way as getting a couple of toes into a pair of kiddies size 7 shoes can be classed as 'wearing' them, I guess you're not wrong ;)

A

• ped locked this topic