Why become a member? ×

BC straplocks

Si600

Beautiful. Enjoy the enhanced bass playing skills that are included - you just need to swallow two straplocks with an evening meal.

The other preorders will be arriving with buyers today or tomorrow, and they'll be on general sale to everyone in the next few days once I have the supplies ready.

Cheers and enjoy!

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Looking forward to mine arriving soon. I paid extra for the limited edition ones signed on the back by Ped. 

I couldn't find a pen so I have burped into your envelope instead, hope that's OK

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, ped said:

Screenshot 2020-11-16 092800.jpg

The letter spacing looks better on those now.  But why are the letters A and O back to front and the letter C upside down to that on the site logo?

I won't mention the redundant full stop.  (Oops)

Edited by SpondonBassed

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

The letter spacing looks better on those now.  But why are the letters A and O back to front and the letter C upside down to that on the site logo?

Its a clever mechanism so you don't confuse the website with the straplock and end up wasting hours staring at the straplock

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

I won't mention the redundant full stop.  (Oops)

The font is called Xirod and the way the letters look depends on the use of capitalisation. In this instance I didn't think it would be worth trying to explain and think it looks fine - maybe in years to come people will be selling these as collectors items. 

The 'redundant' full stop is to provide a consistency to the design around the centre. Removing it looked weird, and I doubt many people will sit typing in the url in a circular fashion for the rest of their life, but you never know. They deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Its a clever mechanism so you don't confuse the website with the straplock and end up wasting hours staring at the straplock

2 minutes ago, ped said:

The font is called Xirod and the way the letters look depends on the use of capitalisation. In this instance I didn't think it would be worth trying to explain and think it looks fine - maybe in years to come people will be selling these as collectors items. 

The 'redundant' full stop is to provide a consistency to the design around the centre. Removing it looked weird, and I doubt many people will sit typing in the url in a circular fashion for the rest of their life, but you never know. They deserve it.

I have a cheap fix...

image.png.433013e5816ff047a75afea51a38c8f4.png

Edited by SpondonBassed

4 minutes ago, ped said:

maybe in years to come people will be selling these as collectors items.

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't want to pry but I imagine that there would be prohibitive costs to changing it now anyway.

I only wanted to wind you up.

5 minutes ago, ped said:

I doubt many people will sit typing in the url in a circular fashion for the rest of their life, but you never know. They deserve it.

Job done by the look of it.

I think the Europe deliveries arrived first because the UK service is a bulk service via Whistl who quoted 3/5 days

When they go on sale fully they’ll be UK only as international orders require a mission to the Post Office separately (the UK ones I can drop at the UPS depot near home)

• Like 1