Why become a member? ×

For 'Lamb lies down on Broadway' devotees

Clarky

That's a proper labour of love, ain't it?

Mind, the intro to the album is clearly a tight shot skimming across the water of the Upper Bay over Tony's piano, raising up to the Manhattan Skyline on the first '....Laaaaaamb'.

Everything else is wrong. True fact.

Edited by wateroftyne

2 hours ago, Spoombung said:

I'm afraid I found it a bit of an unimaginative and obvious accompaniment to the music. It was a bad sign when the lamb actually lies down on Broadway when the lyric came up. Sorry, Clarky!

For sure I don't like all of the visuals and they are a bit literal! But I did enjoy the Fly as it hit the windshield and the panoply of musical imagery in It - also helps that the latter is a fantastic album closer!

Edited by Clarky

12 hours ago, Spoombung said:

I'm afraid I found it a bit of an unimaginative and obvious accompaniment to the music. It was a bad sign when the lamb actually lies down on Broadway when the lyric came up

Maybe it's a nod to the Pan's People performances on TOTP around the same time as the album:lol:

• Haha 2

Genesis have passed me by far.... but you never know!

But  a general point- I really don’t like to read lyrics when listening to music. So for me it would be ok to make a comic book with the lyrics, but if the comic book is then set to the music please remove the lyrics- thank you 🙏.

I trained in fine art/illustration (even spent 2 weeks with George Hardie as my tutor), and this is one of the reasons I decided not to become an illustrator. In the end, there are IMO so few people who illustrate already-created stuff well. It always falls massively short of the imagination for me. 

On 20/11/2020 at 00:02, Clarky said:

Based on the balance of reactions so far, perhaps I shouldn't have linked this after all

I'm glad you posted it.

I can take or leave all illustration stuff so my opinion of the artwork is not relevant but, i enjoyed listening to the album once again.

I went to see them perform it on the promotional tour in Birmingham; I could have done with the illustrator then, we were covered in dry Ice that spilled over the stage and smothered the first few rows of seats....couldn't see a bloody thing for the first 10 mins or so!

• Like 1