Why become a member? ×

FS: Three quality bitsas (2 x Jazz, 1 x Precision). Warmoth, Musikraft, Badass, SD, Wizard, Gotoh *SOLD**
£1000
Canterbury

Beedster

Hi all, I've had loads of PMs about these last night and this morning and I have to work today so can't get back until this afternoon/evening. Precision is definitely sold and paid for (thanks Walshy) fretless Jazz is sold pending the usual, and the fretted Jazz is still available although there are a lot of people interested. I know it sounds a bit of a chore, but I will get back to people in the order they PMd, please accept my apologies, and please don't get angry with me if it takes me some time :)

• Like 2

Waiting to have confirmation form first guy to PM re the fretted Jazz, I'll get back to PMs later this evening. 

Made the mistake of sitting down for ten minutes earlier and playing these, lovely, all of them :)

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Fretless Jazz sold, waiting to have confirmation form first guy to PM re the fretted Jazz, I'll get back to PMs later this evening. 

Made the mistake of sitting down for ten minutes earlier and playing these, lovely, all of them :)

Nothing worse when you've sold something. I now try and pack it straight away, saves the heartache

• Like 2

Apologies for very poor comms with several folks, it's been a very busy week work wise and I haven't been able to get on here as much as usual. Will try to reply to everyone now. I've realised I've got a lot of bass bits here so keep you eye peeled for the garage sale soon :)

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think you’ve found your true vocation Chris - time to chuck in this Psychology lark and set up as a custom bitsa builder.......;)

Have to admit that if I wasn’t currently building my own Jazz bitsa, your no 3 would have been on its way to me......:i-m_so_happy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I think you’ve found your true vocation Chris - time to chuck in this Psychology lark and set up as a custom bitsa builder.......;)

Have to admit that if I wasn’t currently building my own Jazz bitsa, your no 3 would have been on its way to me......:i-m_so_happy:

The Psychology lark pays the bills Greg, neither my bass playing or bitsa building will ever do that, in fact I suspect the latter result in about a 20% loss each time! But it's a real pleasure messing about with bits of bass and finding combinations that work well (and at the moment the Psych thing is largely online which means I'm in the studio all day and am about to start writing and recording content-specific theme music for the podcasts and tutorials I'm doing, so music is starting to play a greater part again, which is nice).

Always amazes me just how many necks and bodies that together make for a lifeless and dull sounding instrument, when paired with a part from  another bass can sound completely different, a fact I discovered in 2005 when I bought a lovely looking but totally lifeless '75 Precision on eBay, took off the maple neck and put on a fretless neck and the bass sung. I put the maple neck from that bass onto the body of the fretless and it also sung.

Bit like relationships I guess. Perhaps I should set up a dating app for bass body parts

'Lonely body, blonde and nice to look at but a little lacking in energy, seeks a nice fitting neck , ideally maple, with whom to resonate and make sweet music together....." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beedster said:

The Psychology lark pays the bills Greg, neither my bass playing or bitsa building will ever do that, in fact I suspect the latter result in about a 20% loss each time! But it's a real pleasure messing about with bits of bass and finding combinations that work well (and at the moment the Psych thing is largely online which means I'm in the studio all day and am about to start writing and recording content-specific theme music for the podcasts and tutorials I'm doing, so music is starting to play a greater part again, which is nice).

Always amazes me just how many necks and bodies that together make for a lifeless and dull sounding instrument, when paired with a part from  another bass can sound completely different, a fact I discovered in 2005 when I bought a lovely looking but totally lifeless '75 Precision on eBay, took off the maple neck and put on a fretless neck and the bass sung. I put the maple neck from that bass onto the body of the fretless and it also sung.

Bit like relationships I guess. Perhaps I should set up a dating app for bass body parts

'Lonely body, blonde and nice to look at but a little lacking in energy, seeks a nice fitting neck , ideally maple, with whom to resonate and make sweet music together....." 

"My Beedster™ technique can make even a dead sounding bass sound great. My years of skill with a screw driver led me to find out ways to wield my tool to unleash the Beedster™ mojo." 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Jeez, I've just realised that by solving problems for troubled instruments who often found themselves in relationships with the wrong components, I'm a bass psychologist :)

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I have a friend who lives locally, and who has a far more extensive collection that I do (or most people, for that matter :D ).

He's very into doing what you said - experimenting with different body and neck combinations, and from seeing the results of that, I totally agree with what you said. It's amazing how getting the right two pieces together suddenly transforms them into this magical combination that was completely unexpected.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic