Why become a member? ×

FS: Three quality bitsas (2 x Jazz, 1 x Precision). Warmoth, Musikraft, Badass, SD, Wizard, Gotoh *SOLD**
£1000
Canterbury

Beedster

I have four basses, all bitsas (Precision, P/J/ FL. Jazz and Jazz FL). All are quality albeit mongrel instruments that I've put together from decent parts. For a while I've wanted to get down to two and have been waiting for the right fretted PJ to come along. Anyway, it has, and oddly enough not only did I know it was the right one the moment I saw it, but I also already own the original body (long story). 

So, they're are up for grabs. I have got to the point where sentiment loses out to cold hard cash so I will also part out these basses. I will price stuff individually later today. I have posted holding photos for now, these are old and some of the bridges have been changed (I'm a tinkerer). Collection from Canterbury is great, otherwise courier it is. 

No trades thanks 

Bass number 1: £450

• Warmoth Jazz Body (£200 fully loaded)
  • Musikraft Neck, maple board £250 with tuners)
  • 80's Dimarzio PAF PUPs
  • Kiogon circuit with series/paralell push/pull pot
  • Badass bridge (shown in photo with BBOT)
  • Gotoh vintage tuners

A great jazz, solid as a rock, fast and full. Beautifully engineered body by Warmoth, clearly it's been modified at some stage in its life. The neck is one of those that has broken a few hearts, apparently if you're a Jazzer (I'm not) you pick up this bass and think to yourself "why doesn't my Jazz bass neck feel like that?". At this price I defy anyone to show me a better Jazz bass. 

image.thumb.png.16e8b26e5fafe582645ca16cacc08ac5.png

image.thumb.png.387f4a82dc6fdc83468a571ec2d085db.png

image.thumb.png.20cbb6c060777d0b892d1b6fa813784e.png

image.thumb.png.f206f9d8d0bba92a6225b36d7792f4f9.png

Bass number 2: £350

• Noname body
  • Wizard '64 PUPs
  • Warmoth fretless neck, Macassar (tiger-striped) ebony board
  • Gotoh vintage tuners
  • Badass bridge
  • Kiogon circuit

This is NOT a a bass for those of you with delicate backs, it is however a powerful sounding and articulate instrument. It's been the go-to fretless in my studio for a long time. 

image.thumb.png.a7b3b0f6b7ed125ccae4be23d57b0501.png

image.thumb.png.ed31a7b14a6ab471a290de122bcc9c1d.png

Bass number 3: £350

• Noname 3tsb reliced ash body £200 fully loaded
  • Warmoth fretted Precision neck, ebony board (£150 with Schaller tuners)
  • Schaller tuners
  • SD QP PUP
  • Unknown circuit
  • BBOT bridge (shown in photo with Badass)

Bit of a mystery body bought from St Petersburg, Russia. Lovely lovely feel and looks, the wear is either a VERY good relic job or authentic, my guess is the latter. There is VERY slight sign of the neck pocket being sanded perhaps to accommodate a larger heel at some point, but if compared with standard heel/pocket fare from Fendre in the 70's it's about as snug as you'll get! I've tried to photo this below. I don't normally use SD PUPS but with this bass and flatwounds it just works. Can supply a full pickguard for the purists out there. Warmoth Precision neck with ebony board, what more is there to say :)

image.thumb.png.61524bf7d088d732a1732291b28c2ce3.png

image.thumb.png.5f56d98dc96af8c90c124897bfa99eec.png

image.thumb.png.2884bab9238592088fb9f4b072344f96.png

image.thumb.png.dc56e715d465f86cfddb2b227184eace.png

image.thumb.png.3c2b8d0ecd9603d63b736376a873f0ab.png

image.thumb.png.5e346b3292ac2ac54d5dcb58b8f2fcf0.png

image.thumb.png.095344292f527190a0b6a4093fada1d0.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, stewblack said:

That weather beaten one is wonderful. Looks like my mum's ancient dining table and I know she didn't relic that! So either best job I've ever seen or genuine. 

That ain't weather beaten Stew, this is weather beaten, the body that the Russian replaced, but a lovely lump of wood nonetheless :)

image.thumb.png.345e5f1ee7b8f7d84face8b41504cdfa.png

image.thumb.png.d6d23acc2ed4038632ad4bf989c18761.png

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Absolutely beautiful. You building again then? 

EDIT - sorry misread your post. 

I have so many pieces of old instruments lying around Stew, bridges, bodies, pickguards, PUPs, I really should sell them as I want to start playing and recording basses again as opposed to finding bits of wood and metal that work really well together only to sell them all and start again :)

Re that body above, I bought a set of heavyweight brass hardware from Walshy (I think) - bridge, pickguard and thumbrest - polished them to a shine and put them on that body and they looked amazing, but it weighed in at about 7lbs without PUPs, circuit or neck :)

Having said that, I like building really heavy basses, putting on a set of La Bella Deep Talkers, taking the action to about 12mm at the 12th, and taking it to rehearsal, because both our singer and guitarist fancy themselves as bassists, and trying to nail Sympathy for the Devil on such a bass whilst I'm taking a toilet break tends to dissuade them. As has been said many time, there's four of us in the band and three of them are better bassists than me, I have to get my wins where I can :)

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's been both sad and therapeutic to sell these bitsas, they're all lovely instruments that I put together slowly and after much trial and error (probably more error than trial if truth be told) over a few years. So, sentiment says keep them, but for a very long time I've realised that all I need is a decent P/J with frets and the same without, and having had the former for a fait while now, t looks like I've finally got the latter courtesy of the below (and oddly the neck from this bass belongs to the body of my fretless P/J). Thanks for all the positive comments and enquiries folks, much appreciated. Chris

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

It's been both sad and therapeutic to sell these bitsas, they're all lovely instruments that I put together slowly and after much trial and error (probably more error than trial if truth be told) over a few years. So, sentiment says keep them, but for a very long time I've realised that all I need is a decent P/J with frets and the same without, and having had the former for a fait while now, t looks like I've finally got the latter courtesy of the below (and oddly the neck from this bass belongs to the body of my fretless P/J). Thanks for all the positive comments and enquiries folks, much appreciated. Chris

Meant to be mate

• Like 2

• MB1 locked this topic