Why become a member? ×

Fodera Imperial 5 Chestnut / Rio - Sold
£5700
Duesseldorf / Germany

mrbassman_de

Update by Jan 1st: Buyer‘s from within UK should be aware that for imports from EU to UK since Jan 1st the UK VAT will be applicable. This VAT has to be paid by the UK buyer once the goods are crossing the borders. Note: As a private seller in EU I can not reduce the price for second hand goods as VAT has never been included in the price.

Just traded in this wonderful bass but I am not a 36" lover, even if this bass does not play and feel like that.

Specs:

Chestnut Burl Top
Alder Body
Brazilian Rosewood Board !
36" scale
19mm spacing at bridge
Aero Dual Coils in Chestnut Covers
Pope Preamp
Gold HW
OHSC
Weight 4.62 kg

The serial number sets this to the legendary Chestnut times in the 90s. Condition is superb, hard to see any dings without a very close look. I don't really know but it seems to me that this bass has been fully refurbished at Fodera once ago. Even the gold plated HW has no fading.

Low action, everything works fine and the sound is as you would expect from that config: a huge B and a responsive, dominant and organic timbre.

Asking 6300 EUR (approx. 5700 GBP today which is a steal for this bass, considering the rare woods that have been used here. Chestnut tops and Rio Boards are a 3000+ USD upgrade against common woods. No trades please - price is firm.  

Edited by mrbassman_de
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic