Why become a member? ×

Lockdown purchasing ..............

ProfJames

On 21/03/2021 at 13:10, ProfJames said:

Just back from a little mountain farm in Risca, outside Newport where I got this stunning Stingray......not given it a full go yet but it is in A1, condtion 2016 build, Musicman OHSC, all the candy.   Great couple who I bought it from, good to meet genuine nice people, not a Basschat purchase!   Need to see what all the fuss is about with them.....any tips?  Been waiting a while for the right one,  think I found it aesthetically......see if I get on with it.....

MM1.jpg

That's a double for my 2014 model.

Nice oiled necks.

• Like 1

Ive bought a TC spectracomp, and a Dr J Sparrow DI/Preamp (clone of a Sansamp BDDI V1) Very impressed with both of them.

Other than that ive bought and made quite a few Fuzzdog DIY pedal kits: a Tonebender, a Rat clone, Wolf glitch computer among others.

I love building pedals, but its the endless lacquer coats on the enclosures that is a bit tedious.

• Like 1

Ah good, someone cares, LOL!

EHB1500 (best instrument I've ever owned, & I've owned Rickenbacker, U.S. G&L:

6413542-28a9dbad753dc0e2ddb5de63b0d68bc9

sold:

Ibanez Mikro (in a guitar case)

6228064-bd97adb169f63b44f2644c6437917f23

GSR100EX (built from the parts of 3 basses)

5929568-ae97af945aeb01c18c4a7e834c3f7dcf

GSR (Gio) on the left, & I still own the SR1800E on the right (tuned B-Standard for Type-O-Negative)

Had that same VOX amp for a few years now, my other 'amp' is plugging a USB interface into my Lenovo Thinkpad with Bose speakers.

• Like 2

I've been exclusively Ibanez for years now, sold my Rickenbacker 4004 because it was too heavy, sold my G&L ASAT for neck-dive,

bought a L-2000 w/o neck-dive, but it was 350 Grams higher-Mass than the SR1800E (before I put low-Mass machine-heads on the Ibanez), & I could NOT cope with the 9-/12" radius on the L-2000,

and then there was the giant 4-inline headstock that I don't enjoy anymore. The headless is the anti-thesis of the L-2000, but those Big-Splits are damn good!

I didn't think I had been that bad, but looking at my list, 2020 was a disaster in terms of gear abstinence 😂.

I bought (and sold) a lovely Spector Euro 4LX-TW. Seriously addictive pre-amp/sound, but I couldn't get on with the neck (too deep for me).

I also sold a Genz-Benz amp, but then bought a Handbox R-400.

Bass wise, I bought a Lakland 44-64 Bob Glaub, a Fender 'Adam Clayton' Custom Shop Precision in a very neutral big flake gold sparkle 😂 and 'birthed' the Jazz bitsa in my sig.

....oh, and I ordered a Shuker Precision 🤷‍♂️.

P.S. I forgot, I've sold a Stingray as well - all bar the shouting 👍

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I didn't think I had been that bad, but looking at my list, 2020 was a disaster in terms of gear abstinence 😂.

I bought (and sold) a lovely Spector Euro 4LX-TW. Seriously addictive pre-amp/sound, but I couldn't get on with the neck (too deep for me).

I also sold a Genz-Benz amp, but then bought a Handbox R-400.

Bass wise, I bought a Lakland 44-64 Bob Glaub, a Fender 'Adam Clayton' Custom Shop Precision in a very neutral big flake gold sparkle 😂 and 'birthed' the Jazz bitsa in my sig.

....oh, and I ordered a Shuker Precision 🤷‍♂️.

P.S. I forgot, I've sold a Stingray as well - all bar the shouting 👍

I just looked that up - a very understated bass that precision!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I just looked that up - a very understated bass that precision!

Yes, quite. I played it at volume for the first time on Wednesday and it sounds amazing. It has a jazz neck and is one of the very early ones that has the hand wound pick-up’s by Abigail Ybarra.

• Like 1

Only bought a nice Martin 0018 in 2019, but went nuts in 2020...

Lull PJ4 & Old Smoothie Stingray were bought back from the guys I sold them to, well chuffed with that. An awesome Bravewood Jazz came in. Modulus Flea came in, then out. Lull M4V came in but then out too. Gibson SG in Pelham Blue with P90’s came in, plus a Pro Jr and pedals. 

So I’m on a well earned buying ban this year... I hope... 😋

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

Only bought a nice Martin 0018 in 2019, but went nuts in 2020...

Lull PJ4 & Old Smoothie Stingray were bought back from the guys I sold them to, well chuffed with that. An awesome Bravewood Jazz came in. Modulus Flea came in, then out. Lull M4V came in but then out too. Gibson SG in Pelham Blue with P90’s came in, plus a Pro Jr and pedals. 

So I’m on a well earned buying ban this year... I hope... 😋

Yeah, plenty of year left for you to trip up 😜.

• Haha 1