Why become a member? ×

Lockdown purchasing ..............

ProfJames

Worst : Snark Supertight clipon tuner ,from the instructions "do not use on guitars with Nitro or Poly finishes"....ummmmm apart from oiled or stained finishes,what else is there? Piece of crap, not very fast,or accurate, junk.

Best :HX Stomp........when I get up the courage to turn it on and learn how to use it lol

• Haha 1

I am embarrassed to admit that I can't remember all I've bought during the lockdown. 

Swimming against the prevailing tide, I actually started a job (only part time) for health reasons I've been unable to work for a while. 

Having a modest but regular income proved to be too much for me. Also I have become horribly pedal addicted, so easy to store and so much fun to play with. 

Just scored a triple decker tone trunk for a very reasonable sum. Now of course I have to fill it. 

• Like 2

I  finally caved in to my shortscale curiosity. I'd had a Bronco staying with me for a week and couldn't put it down, so I went for a limited edition Mustang PJ from @jezzaboy of this very parish. I  absolutely love an ebony fingerboard! Other purchases have been the ubiquitous BC straplocks  (a bit too tight for my taste tbh ) and  48 bottles of Coral beer,  from Madeira, as it reminds me of my holidays there most years!

20201204_092414.jpg

Edited by MoonBassAlpha
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/12/2020 at 14:40, bnt said:

A Harley Benton bass back in April, a guitar a couple of months ago, and just today I finally placed an order I've been meaning to place for months now: a proper pedalboard, a few more pedals, and some strings & bits, all from Gear4Music. Funding courtesy of a gift debit card from my employer, which has been really nice to have.

Insert "record scratch" sound effect here: the order was dispatched, they say, but returned by the courier and I was refunded. Thanks to the timing - after Christmas - it ran head-first in to Brexit-related covfefe and the courier company said "we can't even".

Which is probably a good thing, since I've seen some new product releases and am having a rethink. I saw the thread about the Hotone Stomp, and if that can handle a dual output "Rick-O-Sound" bass, then I may be up for that. To Be Continued ...

• 3 weeks later...

The BX1 has arrived, two weeks from Virginia dealer very impressed.   Next.....may have to look for a Victory Artist.  Had one, liked it, had to sell it...........now want another................orsomething unusual...........those Kiesels look very nice.  Also got a couple on the backburner.............

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2020 at 22:19, gazhowe said:

Not too much for me, and mostly bought during the first lockdown...

• Bergantino NXT212
  • Auralex Gramma Pad
  • MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
  • Boss OC-5
  • Minotaur strap
  • Strings

Still tempted to buy stuff all of the time but I'm hoping to hold out until I start gigging again.  Hopefully early next summer. 😎

Lockdown 3 edit........plus....

• a Stingray Special 4HH,
  • a Sennheiser XSW-D wireless system (pedalboard version),
  • a Cioks DC7 power supply.
  • a Pedaltrain Classic Jr
  • a MXR Phase 90

I'm glad Boris has signalled a path out of lockdown because this lockdown GAS is getting pretty expensive.😂

Edited by gazhowe
  • Like 1

Had to ni out for another Shuker (and a BB1100s.....but for a pal) from @Booga13......what a top guy and what a collection of basses...........tried to invite myself to breakfast or brunch but never worked!  Top man, great guy to buy from and his new reliced Limelight hand made looks stunning.  Got Shuker GAS............been playing my headless Shuker and thinking about this RD style one since December, I have the backbone of an invertibrate.......the tone clarity and response from this is immense, very very pleased...........difficulty uploading a photo so just search for SHuker RD syle on here.........

bb1100s.jpg

Edited by ProfJames
add photo

7 minutes ago, daz70 said:

I pulled the trigger on a Dingwall D-roc Standard 5 string last June ( to celebrate a milestone birthday ). It's due this month hopefully.

Looking forward to my first foray into fan-fret basses.

I have an Ibanez EHS fanfret .... so easy to play!  Envious of your Dingwall, enjoy it......

Just now, ProfJames said:

I have an Ibanez EHS fanfret .... so easy to play!  Envious of your Dingwall, enjoy it......

The EHS looks like a really cool instrument.

I'll pop up my thoughts on the D-roc 5 when I get my eager little hands on it :)

• Like 2

I've been spending quite a bit on tuition, that's been brilliant. I'm really pleased to have been helping support musicians while working on my theory and technique, it's also been really great talking music and bass with people who know and care!

• Like 1