3. Spector Legend (tobacco)

Sold

4. Musicman Sub

5. 1 and 2 above

Then bought

6. Blackstar Unity 120

7. TC Electrinics Octaver

8. Focusrite 2 Home Studio/IO

Current status....reasonably happy and not heading for divorce over a big bass cab in the living room!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Pandemic has been good because it got me back into bass playing but it's been bad as it's got be in bass buying...it started as an idea to try a short scale and mod it a bit...

1.Ibanez TMB35 (new)...try short scale

2.Aguilar AG 5P-JHC (as new from BC member)

3.Straplocks and new pickguard for the above to have fun with mod project

4.Ibanez SRH505 DEF (used from Bass Direct)...as I thought I had sold my piezo Bolin but wanted something still with that sound for jazz and being cheaper was a good thing

5.Ibanez EHB1506MS (used but as new from BC member) - because...I used to always play 6 string before I was solely 5 string...

6.Aguilar SL112 and SL212 in Poseidon Green (to arrive next year via Bass Direct)...as I haven't had my own bass rig in about 10 years

7.Aguilar SL112 in black (hardly used from BC member)...as I wanted something to get me through next few months until the new rig comes

8.Aguilar AG700 (as new from BC Member)...as when I bought the temporary SL112 they mentioned they may have one to sell, so that completed the stack quicker than expected

9.Ibanez 2003 GWB1 (reverb store)...as I realised this was all getting a bit out of hand decided to sell my GWB35 so went searching for sale prices and as I did someone had this for sale thinking it was a GWB35 too so was a great price. So for 20 years I wanted an OG GWB I went for it.

That's where lockdown purchases end and maybe I'm just catching up on past 10 years of lack of activity :)

So I have 2 basses for sale ready to go out and tbh if they do there is one more for sale on here that I would really really like (suprise it's an Ibanez). And I'm also trying to convince myself I don't need any pedals like I used to: octave, envelope filter.

PXL_20201203_182004080.jpg

IMG_20201125_222315_843.jpg

Edited by Mikey D
  • Like 2

Good thread this.... Especially for divorce lawyers searching for evidence! 👀😁

So "Your Honour", my roll call of iniquity is as follows:

Trace Elliot AH200 (already moved on) 
Mesa Boogie Titan V12
Ashdown CTM100
Ampeg BXE 115HL
G&L SB1

The Trace was a cracking amp and I was sorry to see it go, along with the Hartke HA5500 that I sold during lockdown as well.. Both great amps but I'm really enjoying the V12 and CTM100, so have no complaints there at all really.. 😊

Strange as it's been not having any gigs, I've been lucky enough to be able use all of my new gear for an album recording project I'm doing and that's been going really well and the gear has been perfect for it. 

Also been doing a lot of songwriting on Garageband with my main band too and that's been a lot of fun. . So much so that I don't think gigging will be the 'be all and end all'  that's its been for me as an amateur musician this last 15 years. 

Songwriting and recording are definitely here to stay for me thanks to lockdown 1.0  giving  me the completely unexpected opportunity to rediscover that creative spark again.. 'Small mercies' and 'silver linings' etc, etc. 

Got to say that the G&L has been getting a lot of use... It really is a powerful and punchy sounding bass!! 

I've also had the pleasure of having @Paul S 's Sprackenbacker on loan for the recording project and thats an absolutely brilliant bass (thank you Paul 🙏)! Rediscovering that Ric itch after 40 years has been a joy.. 

What can I say? It's been a mad 9 months, it really has!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kwmlondon said:

Just bought a markbass NY 112 cab. The Gallien Kruger cx 210 is fine but it goes not match the amp!

Get a matching one!  The chariot race on Ben Hur is in full flow!!!  Sorry wrong thread!!

Edited by ProfJames

In a quest to establish the right gear for me I’ve bought & sold so much this year. Rather ironically I’ve ended up with very similar gear as to what I started off the year with. It’s been a fun way of making this strange year a bit more tolerable. I now still have a lot to sell but there’s no rush

A Harley Benton bass back in April, a guitar a couple of months ago, and just today I finally placed an order I've been meaning to place for months now: a proper pedalboard, a few more pedals, and some strings & bits, all from Gear4Music. Funding courtesy of a gift debit card from my employer, which has been really nice to have.

It's got to do double duty as a guitar pedalboard too, since I'm getting in to that too, so I got some inexpensive guitar pedals at the same time (compressor, fuzz and phaser), all mini size from their house "SubZero" line. It seems that the "bass versions" of pedals seem to cost more, but the fears that guitar effects suck the life out of bass are kind-of overblown and don't apply to all effects types e.g. I rarely hear it about compressors or phasers. Distortion pedals, maybe, which is why I specifically chose a fuzz with a dry blend control. These will all feed in to my existing tc electronics SpectraDrive, which can act as a DI and headphone practice amp evev if i don't need its own compressor & drive facilities at the time.

• Like 1