Why become a member? ×

Lockdown purchasing ..............

ProfJames

A Squier Classic Vibe Mustang bass in March lockdown , I was furloughed for 12 weeks , so I thought it would be a good sofa bass.

An Ashdown 30watt Stubby from Ashdown when they were selling them off at half price in May , still haven't really given it a bit of welly yet as all gigs were cancelled.

Secondhand ground wound strings for Mustang bass.

A Peavey MiniMax 500 from a fellow Basschatter and I'm waiting for a Fender Rumble 210 cab to arrive soon.

I'd sold my previous rig as I had no intention of going back to playing, but sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Very proud of one of my sons, he's 13 and just bought his first guitar.

That's it. I might buy a small USB mixer

Edited by Marvin
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Marvin said:

A Peavey MiniMax 500 from a fellow Basschatter and I'm waiting for a Fender Rumble 210 can to arrive soon.

I'd sold my precise rig as I had no intention of going back to playing, but sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Very proud of one of my sons, he's13 and just bought his first guitar.

That's it. I might buy a small USB mixer

You won't be disappointed with the Peavey miniMax.  They're superb sounding and versatile.  And LOUD!  The built-in tuner seems to be very accurate.  The fan is loud at home but no problem at rehearsal or on a gig.

Frank.

• Like 2

To show how optimistic I am, that by this time next year this covid 19 malarky will be over and done with, I just bought myself a Markbass CMD Mini 121P. 

I got it secondhand and it's brand new, with the new leather handle (possibly from somebody who isn't quite so optimistic as I am).

Sounds good at livingroom levels, let's hope one day soon(ish) I'll be playing it at gig level.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 00:19, machinehead said:

You won't be disappointed with the Peavey miniMax.  They're superb sounding and versatile.  And LOUD!  The built-in tuner seems to be very accurate.  The fan is loud at home but no problem at rehearsal or on a gig.

Frank.

I've used the MiniMax just using a pair of headphones and I was very impressed with the range of tones I could get out of it. The fan is a bit noisy but it's not an issue for me. I'm looking forward to pairing it with a cab.

Midiman Syncman Plus (for use with Tascam DP32SD)

Straplocks

Lots of leads

Guitar strap

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

MihaDo mini bass

HX Stomp

Lots of components to make a Raspberry Pi Fluidsynth box (works, needs putting in box), a HX Stomp switchbox (early stages), a Bluetooth page turner (works, needs putting in box), and a signal generator (works, needs putting in box). Might get back to my Zoom patch up/down switcher (early stages) and MIDI pedalboard (early stages) too. Plus my bike data logger (early stages) and shark with frickin' laser beam on its head (works, needs putting in shark).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I grabbed my first bass, a Harley Benton once Thomann started shipping again around the end of the lockdown. There were a few weeks just watching bass vids while I waited for stock/shipping to get moving again.

I picked up a cheap used Cruiser jazz before the second lockdown hit, that's my DIY upgrade project..between those and a Fender amp I'm set for things to do.

Just before Lockdown 1 a Hofner Ignition Violin Bass (why do I want short scale 4 strings, I play 5 string long scales?). But is fun and noodling in lockdown has been good, it will get an outing or two. Then just before lockdown 2 a Taylor T5Z ( & sold my Taylor 314) which is a fantastic hybrid guitar capable of acoustic and electric sounds with an incredible shallow neck which makes everything else feel like a tree trunk. Then in lockdown or was it just prior a Prime Acoustic amp to compliment the T5Z, at a really good price which is okay, perhaps a little more treble than I’d have liked but saves putting guitar through bass amp.

4B8816D0-729D-483D-A1D4-F7DFAA65B260.jpeg

6A57B782-0AD8-44EF-92F9-E68A7ED96855.jpeg

• Like 3

Not too much for me, and mostly bought during the first lockdown...

• Bergantino NXT212
  • Auralex Gramma Pad
  • MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
  • Boss OC-5
  • Minotaur strap
  • Strings

Still tempted to buy stuff all of the time but I'm hoping to hold out until I start gigging again.  Hopefully early next summer. 😎

• Like 1

Zoom Tac2 Thunderbolt Audio converter and Macbook Pro (bought solely to use Garageband).

Digitech bass synth wah.

Getaria wireless system

and I bought a bass back from someone I had sold it to a a couple a months before. Does that count?

Edited by MacDaddy
  • Like 1

Not technically a lockdown puchase given that I ordered it in 2018, but the final payment and delivery of my lovely, lovely Wal happened during the first lockdown...gratuitous picture:

IMG_1272.thumb.jpg.38112d28e8f778e7f29d32bc94cc2c52.jpg

Then a couple of pedals bought during the first lockdown - an MXR ten band eq (which covers more range at both ends than it's predecessor, a Boss bass eq), and a Dunlop 535q Wah in the limited edition silver finish - apologies that it's for a guitar, but it really is a fantastic pedal, mainly due to the boost function so you don't get any loss of volume when you switch it on, and can use it to overdrive your sound

Then another guitar purchase - a Bigsby for one of my Les Pauls:

IMG_1434.thumb.jpg.a0bca8c538b2e3fd16b723c37c0cc7cf.jpg

Including a Vibramate, which meant it took less time to install than it did to put on new strings afterwards.  Loving it so far and really solid for the tuning.  Actually bought from the US - even after shipping and import fees it was still a lot cheaper than I could have got it for in the UK, and arrived within a few days of ordering - big shout out to STRATosphere: fantastic service. 

Basically, all of the above are from the first lockdown because that's when I got my bonus.  Also arriving were a big pile of picks for both guitar and bass

Finally, a strap that I ordered in April ahead of the Wal arriving was finally delivered a couple of weeks ago - ordered during the first lockdown and delivered during the second.  The only thing actually affected by lockdown - the shop selling it advertised it as available within a few days from the manufacturer...but the manufacturer effectively closed down during lockdown.  Nobody's fault, and no desperate need for it, so I was happy enough to wait the seven months it took to arrive

Edited by Monkey Steve
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

Apart from a cover for my BB2, all I’ve bought since March is food, paint and sandpaper. 

I hope you'd stocked up on toilet paper early on then because... well... even if you got wet'n'dry, things are going to be *ahem* uncomfortable.

The Walnut Faker was ordered before lockdown, but arrived sometime into it. Now has different pickups, sounds and plays superb.

The 4003 just so happened to be relatively close and a very good price. One of those "I'm going to regret it, but what the hell" moments. 

IMG_20200930_141833.jpg.f3095ae0bb25b130979181fe0d74deeb.jpg

IMG_20200602_184104.thumb.jpg.1a068c393d58024e928a6535695a32bf.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Skybone said:

The Walnut Faker was ordered before lockdown, but arrived sometime into it. Now has different pickups, sounds and plays superb.

The 4003 just so happened to be relatively close and a very good price. One of those "I'm going to regret it, but what the hell" moments. 

You live once dude - enjoy!

• Like 1

During lockdown v1 I bought a Markbass MB121p. I wanted a portable lightweight amp for rehearsals that would sound good with both electric and double bass. Bought from a member on here. A couple of weeks later I bought a NY121 new from Muziker to go with it for future gigs. Between lockdowns I was able to acquire my dream bass - Sadowsky metroline  MV4 (Japan) Will Lee. The guy I bought it from is also a member on here. Very happy with all of these acquisitions.

• Like 1