Why become a member? ×

Lockdown purchasing ..............

ProfJames

During the first lockdown...............

Sandberg Ken Taylor, Sandberg Basic, Takamine semi acoustic, Yamaha BB1100s

This lockdown..........

Ibanez SRMS800 (9 months old, immaculate under 400 quid!), Kramer Duke

Need to get through these lockdowns!!!!!!!!!!

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Edited by ProfJames
  • Like 7

In no particular order... 

Behringer 4 channel USB mixer, vocal mic, tc electronic mic mechanic, fender CIJ Jazz bass 75, Zoom Gu1. 7t or some odd name guitar multi fx, Kent Armstrong Aria replacement pickup, ashtrays for my 75 jazz, Warwick Corvette unlined fretless. 

Sold off a Leo Quan Badass bridge, gave away some spares, tried to sell Aria 80s Pro SB Bass Elite but DPD lost it for a month before it made its way back to me. 

Just now, uk_lefty said:

In no particular order... 

Behringer 4 channel USB mixer, vocal mic, tc electronic mic mechanic, fender CIJ Jazz bass 75, Zoom Gu1. 7t or some odd name guitar multi fx, Kent Armstrong Aria replacement pickup, ashtrays for my 75 jazz, Warwick Corvette unlined fretless. 

Sold off a Leo Quan Badass bridge, gave away some spares, tried to sell Aria 80s Pro SB Bass Elite but DPD lost it for a month before it made its way back to me. 

Proud of you

Again, in no particular order:

Peavey 20-channel mixing desk, 2,200 watt PA with HK subs and tops, eleven lights, two twin-tripod lighting bars, DMX controller, Canon digital camcorder, several miles of electric string, at least a dozen songbooks, Saramonic mixer for the camera, Stagg EUB, case and bow for the EUB, Macbook, phantom power supply, memory card for an old Boss jam station, singing lessons and an Eden WTP600. Which is yet to arrive.

• Like 3

Just to add, the ibanez I will pick up tmrw but was conscious that pro musicians not working are in a hard place.  The guy is like me - not as nice obvs - simply playing for his own interest.  I don't like to take advantage....one was sold on here in the last few days, was up for 550 which I believe is a good price.  Have managed to get mine below 400 quid, which is fortunate.  If I have to resell I will pass on that discount.

• Like 1

I'm now the lucky owner of a gorgeous Wal Mk3 5-string and a very nice '65 Fender Jazz.

...yeah right. In my dreams. My only purchases since March have been a few components for a J bass build and various electronic projects, and a Boss OC-2.

I also bought @Zummerbass's lovely Carvin rig, but that was bought for a mate so it doesn't count.

• Like 3

Just now, Rich said:

I'm now the lucky owner of a gorgeous Wal Mk3 5-string and a very nice '65 Fender Jazz.

...yeah right. In my dreams. My only purchases since March have been a few components for a J bass build and various electronic projects, and a Boss OC-2.

I also bought @Zummerbass's lovely Carvin rig, but that was bought for a mate so it doesn't count.

You need to put in more effort!

• Haha 2

Just before lockdown, I had a Helix LT and Fender Jazz nicked. So I replaced those. Then I got the Jazz back, so I'm up one bass! Other than that, just some strings and stuff. Giving a lack of gigs and business travel, I find myself at home a lot more - so I've invested in upgrading my homebrew equipment. I can now pour a cold draught pint from my keg, in my office / studio / gym / bar / spare room.

• Like 2

Sandberg California VS4... ordered in June as a lockdown/promotion at work present, due week 52 so i'm counting down the days.

Ashdown Tone Pocket - great for rehearsal but battery life is shocking.

Got my eye on a Berg Cn212 to replace the one i stupidly sold a few years ago... I hope the lockdown stops before I pull the trigger.

• Like 1

Just now, goonerjoe said:

Sandberg California VS4... ordered in June as a lockdown/promotion at work present, due week 52 so i'm counting down the days.

Ashdown Tone Pocket - great for rehearsal but battery life is shocking.

Got my eye on a Berg Cn212 to replace the one i stupidly sold a few years ago... I hope the lockdown stops before I pull the trigger.

VS4......a pal of mine has one and it sounds phenomenal (a lot down to his pro standard of playing) he says it is the best base he has ever played.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ead said:

I'm two basses down overall during lock down.

Same.

its an odd time. Some folk are working but unable to spend ouwt as you can’t go out so have spending money. Then I know working musicians, and people around music and events and there’s literally no work on :( 

Um, I've bought and sold a BG Custom Jazz bass that had a Status neck and Bartolinis. Ended up selling it for parts - tried to get some issues sorted but it hadn't been put together right from the off so I scrapped it and made most of the money back. Since then I got a '93 MIJ Fender Jazz and I'm very happy with it. I've messed about with the pickups and the electronics and I'd like to change the bridge to one I've got somewhere but I'll have to take it to a luthier for that - not drilling holes in it myself...

51 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

By signing up to their site, they're offering the Vst 'Riot Drums' for $5, which I think is a very good deal, if Metal drumming is of interest. Just sayin'. B|

Don't really need Riot Drums as I use Slate Drums 5.5 but some of their other offerings such as their IRs have appeal 🤔

Edited by DaytonaRik

51 minutes ago, DaytonaRik said:

Don't really need Riot Drums as I use Slate Drums 5.5 but some of their other offerings such as their IRs have appeal 🤔

I daren't tell you how many drum Vst's I have (including Slate..!)..! Did I need Riot Drums..? Did I heck, but at $5, I'll take 'em. :lol:

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 2