Why become a member? ×

Back to Bassics

Andyjr1515

Having quite rightly been pilloried for spending much of Lockdown - Part 1 meddling in 'the dark side' of 6-string electrics and guitar bouzoukis, I have learnt my lesson and solemnly declare I will spend Lockdown Part 2 concentrating wholly on proper instruments, that is, bass guitars.  And you are aware in this modern post-truth world that my word is, of course, my bond :D

Well...all of that might be rubbish, but - so far - basses have been pretty much my main distraction.

First I finished @wwcringe 's African Bass Mk II:

s60kD1Ll.jpg

Then I did a refinish for @jimmy23cricket , stripping his black LTD 5-string body and making it bluey-greeney-tealey:

sayddnMl.jpg

Qf1ENL7l.jpg

L1hPRx7l.jpg

m5GtheLl.jpg

And for another basschatter, shortly going to add a body and new fretboard to a very nice neck and loaded scratchplate

And for another basschatter, @Jus Lukin , just at the final drawing stages of a very exciting project.  In the words of Mr Spock, "it's a bass, Jim, but not as we know it."  Build thread for this kicking off shortly.

In that it means I will spend most of Lockdown Part II (and probably Parts III and IV) down in the cellar, MrsAndyjr1515 is, perhaps, a little too cheerful.

Edited by Andyjr1515
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1