Why become a member? ×

Sold Fender Japan 70's Reissue Precision Non Export
£700
Darlington

karlfer

I'm giving up on gigging, it's been almost 8 months, I've lost the need, so selling a good bit over the next couple of weeks.

I withdrew this a few weeks back as there was an electrical problem. It now has a custom Ki0Gon loom with 2 x CTS 250k pots, Sprague NOS 0.1 cap (for vintage tone) & Switchcraft jack. Original, non working loom included.

Frets have just been polished. The White (yuk) scratchplate has some vinyl over the top in black marble. Not the greatest job, but ok from more than a couple of feet away. It will peel off leaving no residue if buyer chooses to do so.

2004, alder body, maple neck, rosewood board. Nut 40mm (same as a Nate). 9lb 3oz, nice low to medium action. Comes with basic Ritter gigbag.

Small chip on bass side of neck, 7th fret,  which I can't feel when playing. Otherwise very good condition.

These are uncommon basses in UK/Europe.

COURIER.

£47 next day insured delivery mainland UK except Highlands & Islands, feel free to organise & pay for your own. 

Feedback below photos.

Keep safe & thanks for looking,

Karl.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear you're giving up on gigging @karlfer - I know its $hitt ATM - but I'm sure things will improve some time in the future, and we'll all be playing live again.

Also, good to hear you fixed the electrical problem with a Kiogon loom - I'm sure this bass will work fine now.

Lastly, this bass looks amazing! MIJ / CIJ Fender basses are superb IMO, and if I didn't have (more than) a full compliment already, I'd be sorely tempted. GLWTS and more importantly - keep the faith good sir :) :)

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Marc S said:

Sorry to hear you're giving up on gigging @karlfer - I know its $hitt ATM - but I'm sure things will improve some time in the future, and we'll all be playing live again.

Also, good to hear you fixed the electrical problem with a Kiogon loom - I'm sure this bass will work fine now.

Lastly, this bass looks amazing! MIJ / CIJ Fender basses are superb IMO, and if I didn't have (more than) a full compliment already, I'd be sorely tempted. GLWTS and more importantly - keep the faith good sir :) :)

Cheers Marc.

Paraphrasing some messages from the good folks on Faecesbook, "bad time to sell mate, you're gonna have to come down a lot for me to buy it!".

A. No.

B. Find another one.

🙂

Edited by karlfer

13 hours ago, Tommygingell said:

I can’t see the pictures mate what colour is it?

11 hours ago, Jono Bolton said:

Looks to be Daphne Blue

Cheers Jono.

Tom, folk from Teesside are blocked cos they're a bit peculiar 😆

It is Daphne Blue, but it's a tricky colour to photograph. In the original post it looks quite dark.

This Fender Japan model of bass is very uncommon in UK/EU, even more so in Daphne Blue, usually white ones, occasional Sunburst or black. TV logo, 40mm nut, KiOGon loom, what's not to like 🙂

O.JPG

P.JPG

Q.JPG

It's stopped working again! so it's not the Ki0Gon loom, the pick up is buggered.

So I'm going to reduce it for a few days, then remove it, get a replacement pick up & keep the damn thing.

£600, absolutely NO offers thank you.

Organise & pay for your own courier please, no gigbag or case, it will be bubble wrapped & in a cardboard box. I pack well for shipping, see my feedback.

I'm off to cry now thank you.

• Sad 2

On 21/11/2020 at 20:19, karlfer said:

It's stopped working again! so it's not the Ki0Gon loom, the pick up is buggered.

So I'm going to reduce it for a few days, then remove it, get a replacement pick up & keep the damn thing.

£600, absolutely NO offers thank you.

Organise & pay for your own courier please, no gigbag or case, it will be bubble wrapped & in a cardboard box. I pack well for shipping, see my feedback.

I'm off to cry now thank you.

Still a great looking bass!

• Thanks 1

On 17/11/2020 at 11:00, karlfer said:

Cheers Jono.

Tom, folk from Teesside are blocked cos they're a bit peculiar 😆

It is Daphne Blue, but it's a tricky colour to photograph. In the original post it looks quite dark.

This Fender Japan model of bass is very uncommon in UK/EU, even more so in Daphne Blue, usually white ones, occasional Sunburst or black. TV logo, 40mm nut, KiOGon loom, what's not to like 🙂

O.JPG

P.JPG

Q.JPG

Oi! peculiar? you need talk yer tart, you're from Darlo' ... :tatice_03:

• Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic