Why become a member? ×

UPS disappeared from Interparcel quotes?

cetera

I almost always send my guitars by UPS (via Interparcel) but today I have logged on at Interparcel with a standard bass in shipping box to send across country and it is NOT returning any UPS quotes/results...

Anyone else know any thing about this?

Spoke to someone at Interparcel and they are VERY confused.... especially as I am able to book directly on UPS site. They are going to look into it and let me know...

As an aside, they said that they also find TNT very reliable. Never used them myself. Any opinions on them or Tufnells?

Just had a hugely positive experience with UPS sending a BF cab to Norway. 

Collected from my place within the agreed 2 hour slot on Monday afternoon and arrived safely in Norway today (Thursday) first thing. 

£35 courier + £20 extra for £500 insurance cover. Dunno how that compares on price, but me and the buyer were both very happy with the service. 

14 hours ago, cetera said:

Spoke to someone at Interparcel and they are VERY confused.... especially as I am able to book directly on UPS site. They are going to look into it and let me know...

As an aside, they said that they also find TNT very reliable. Never used them myself. Any opinions on them or Tufnells?

TNT are fine, used them a lot. Tufnells however are absolutely shocking. Watched them throw a Barefaced Big Twin from the front of their truck to the back and absolutely obliterating it. This after stamping and kicking other people parcels out of the way. The shell suit clad drivers when pulled up about their behaviour said they couldn’t give a fook! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You may want to check for what TNT will allow enhanced cover. It may have changed but last time I looked, musical instruments were excluded. EDIT: I’ve just looked again (https://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/terms-conditions.html) - TNT are to become FedEx Express, and I can no longer find that exclusion, so they may be fine and apparently maximum limit of £15K - unless of course it’s buried somewhere else on their site.

With Interparcel it pays to read every bit of their terms and conditions (which are normally a re-hash of the courier’s Ts and Cs).

Edited by FDC484950