Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal app

Oldman

I was using an app on my iPad for rehearsing tunes, imported from my iTunes and Dropbox, it’s called Practise Pro. After recently upgrading my iPad to the 10.2”, faster, lighter etc etc, my app is no longer available to me. My tunes are gone!

Does anyone, can anyone recommend a similar app, import, play back, loop, pitch correction, speed up slow down, everything you need to learn a tune.

I’m panicking now we might have a gig next year sometime 😱

I’m up for a small “no ads” fee.

1 hour ago, karrlander said:

I use Anytune Pro. The only problem is that apps can't import from Apple Music because copyright stuff but I convert the songs to mp3 (Audio HiJack) and import them to Anytune. Otherwise I think it does everything you want.

Just tried Anytune, works for me, just need to down load the Tunes from Dropbox  and iTunes and I’m good to go. I imported “Dont need no doctor” John Schofield from iTunes as a test.

Thanks muchly chaps, well impressed.

🤗🤗🤗😎

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldman said:

Just tried Anytune, works for me, just need to down load the Tunes from Dropbox  and iTunes and I’m good to go. I imported “Dont need no doctor” John Schofield from iTunes. 

Thanks muchly chaps, well impressed.

🤗🤗🤗😎

Theres a nice trick in there if you're trying to pick a bassline from a recording where it's hard to hear. Pitch up 24 semitones and apply a EQ preset for isolating bass and it becomes clear. Sounds very strange but it works really well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mattbass97 said:

I use "Amazing Slow Downer" on my ipad. Think its £15 but it works fairly seamlessly with Spotify and Apple Music (haven't tested Apple music personally) - can change speed and pitch etc. Worth a look at least. 

I’m not averse to paying, the practise pro App was free and worked really well over the last 6 years or so. I will be trying them all after those feckwits at Apple mess with your head monetising even the smell from your doo doo if they could, iPoo!

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Oldman said:

No, still in limbo. I need to sit down and see what does it for me, with or without ad’s.

Thanks a bunch guys, very helpful and saved hours of fruitless search.

👍

I was stuck in a car park for couple of hours yesterday, thanks to the Music Speed Changer app I was able to use the time to learn a couple of tricky sections of a song. 

Very pleased with it 

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I was stuck in a car park for couple of hours yesterday, thanks to the Music Speed Changer app I was able to use the time to learn a couple of tricky sections of a song. 

Very pleased with it 

It’s an iPad I’m using, I’m stuck with that or MS for my laptop.

3 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’m trying to figure out what this post is saying. Can you help?😁

Phew, = THIS IS AN EXCLAMATION OF FRUSTRATION. I’ll try em tomorrow = I WILL TRY THEM OUT TOMORROW. ,great stuff guys = THANK YOU.  Already hit a snag with Anytune = ANYTUNE DID NOT WORK FOR ME. I think it’s feckin Apple = APPLE ARE NOT USER FRIENDLY WITH ALL THIRD PARTY APPS.  you know what like😱. = YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THIS TYPE OF SCENARIO

Hope this helps

5 hours ago, Oldman said:

Phew, = THIS IS AN EXCLAMATION OF FRUSTRATION. I’ll try em tomorrow = I WILL TRY THEM OUT TOMORROW. ,great stuff guys = THANK YOU.  Already hit a snag with Anytune = ANYTUNE DID NOT WORK FOR ME. I think it’s feckin Apple = APPLE ARE NOT USER FRIENDLY WITH ALL THIRD PARTY APPS.  you know what like😱. = YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THIS TYPE OF SCENARIO

Hope this helps

Cheers. I was asking more about why you were struggling with Anytime and why you mention Apple. What was/is the snag?