Why become a member? ×

Installing a Sadowskys 4 pot preamp

Booga13

Right, before I email Sadowsky themselves I thought I'd tap into the vast knowledge here

I'm looking to install this but the guide doesn;t seem to match what I'm looking at, it says to attach the pickups to the pan-pot via the solderless connections but I'm not seeing any connections on the pan-pot!  Also, there are 2 sets of connections, one off the VTC pot and one off the Bass/treble pot, in the diagram they go to an unlabelled box, I don't seem to have that box, am I missing something?  Have a bought the wrong thing to drop in as a complete replacement plate? (wouldn;t be the first time, this was a can;t sleep 3am purchase)

20201111_170708.jpg

20201111_170714.jpg

Edited my text after looking at the wiring....

Where did you get the one you have from? It looks like the Sadowsky you have is a solder connection pre where the extra cables and black plugs connect to the preamp board (you didn't show one in the photo but I assume it is there) and the pickups solder to the blend pot. The ones fitted in my basses look like the top picture and fit in with the drawing you have. The lower picture is the retrofit on a plate version which has the screw connections. Also noticed all the pots on mine are round not square like yours. 🤔

image.png.e260224c5bbdabea0b456b0c9b9c3a49.png

image.png.4e7712cbc7bbe9ae51db323bb5551cee.png

Mike

Edited by Acebassmusic

5 minutes ago, Booga13 said:

Thanks for the link. I had a look and it seems that the newer "Warwick Sadowsky" pre amp is different to the ones I've seen before. It looks like they have changed the retrofit design from the screwed connections to soldered but forgot to highlight it on either the website or wiring diagram! It's definitely a soldered connection to the blend pot (you can see the 2 red wires in the cavity photo from the link)

image.thumb.png.e39286bad5db50adbaf4fb9f5a402a41.png

Ah, that'd do it!  I've emailed the store, I was advised it was out of stock shortly after my purchase and it wold be at least 6 weeks to fulfill the order, then 3 weeks later it arrives, I wonder if it was rushed out of the Sadowsky warehouse to fulfill outstanding deliveries and the board was missed out?  Thanks for your help all, I know it was best to ask here first😁

Quick update, had a second reply from Warwick, the missing board is on its way😁 I have to say I'm pretty impressed with their speedy resolution

Thanks all for the assist, so much easier to sort when you know the issue!

• Like 2