Why become a member? ×

SOLD. 1995 USA G&L SB2. Precision / Jazz bass with jazz width neck. Amazing condition for 25 years old. With case.
£795
Kelsall

vinorange

Acquired off here not too long ago but I've decided to try to bust the bank for an original 70s jazz so if anyone fancies a trade with cash your way then message me.

Up for sale is my 1995 G&L SB2 USA bass. It’s in incredible shape for 25 years old with only a few minor scuffs on the back. The front is excellent, neck is great and being jazz width (1.5” at the nut) it’s an easy play. It’s benefitted from a full pro set up with fret level, crown and polish, relief, action and intonation set and new strings.

The SB2 is a precision / jazz hybrid with jazz style pickup in the bridge position and P bass style pickup in the neck position. It’s a very powerful bass too as the Magnetic Field Design pickups are very hot despite being passive. The controls have been modified with CTS pots to stacked volume / volume and tone as the original controls are just dual volume which don’t allow for rolling off the highs. The original loom comes with the bass should you want it as original. It comes in a decent but non original hard case. Bass weighs in at 4.4kg.

Can socially distanced deliver, meet up or will ship (fully insured).

Thanks for looking.

20201013_101907.jpg

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, HazBeen said:

My old bass! Can absolutely vouch for how good this thing sounds and plays, it must have done at least a hundred gigs with me. Fast slim neck too. And great seller.

It sure is a great bass Haz but I decided on yet another change in direction and having run with the G&L and an AVRI 75 jazz I decided to put them both up for sale to fund the purchase of an original 70s jazz. Probably......

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic