Why become a member? ×

Post counts

Toasted

Since Mr.Moderator Dood got his post count restored, when do the rest of us proels get our counts restored too?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=32"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=32[/url]

Mine was 2435. Kthnx.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='3551' date='May 21 2007, 12:32 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252&st=20[/url]

It was done as a joke. Poking fun at him.

G[/quote]

That's all well and good. Can I have mine back too? I don't care if it is a joke - or do we operate a two tier system on this forum?

I don't even look at people's post counts. I evaluate them on the basis of what is written, and past interactions. People can be insightful from the first post. People can spout utter drivel thousands of times. Post counts mean precisely naff all. It's nothing to get in a tizz about.

Since it is I who is being discussed, I'd add that post count means nothing.absolutely nothing.

(other than I am a sad bag who needs to get out more often... And I have a sense of humour!!!!)

[quote][quote name='slaphappygarry' post='3551' date='May 21 2007, 12:32 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252&st=20[/url]

It was done as a joke. Poking fun at him.

G[/quote]

That's all well and good. Can I have mine back too? I don't care if it is a joke - or do we operate a two tier system on this forum?[/quote]

I am sure dood will have his removed in due course so, no, you cant.

G

Toasted, why are you kicking off?

It's post count on a forum, whether you've got 50 or 5000, it's no represenation of knowledge.

Personally I give great thought to most of your posts, especially ones involving those smallish boxes you stamp on occasionally, due to your experience and knowledge with them.

However, I also give consideration to posts made by others, no matter what their title or post count.

They're taking the piss out of Dood as he never left his keyboard for about two years*, and it's all in good humour, lets not start bitching about activites that were done as a joke which have no direct effect on yourself in a public section of a brand new forum.

Are you upset that they're having a joke at someone else's expense? or because you're not involved? Or, are you just like myself, really bored today?

*May be a lie

[quote name='Buzz' post='3928' date='May 21 2007, 09:47 PM']Or, are you just like myself, really bored today?[/quote]

Today has been a ****** day. Seriously.

I also don't think that there should be one rule for some, and another for others. That seems to put me in the minority.

I just try to call it as I see it.

EDIT: Buzz, I don't know who you are. Were you on basstalk/world and what was your name? All this handle changing is too much for my addled brain.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='Toasted' post='3969' date='May 21 2007, 10:29 PM']Buzz, I don't know who you are. Were you on basstalk/world and what was your name? All this handle changing is too much for my addled brain.[/quote]

I havn't changed my handle from BW times (According to current BT stats, joined BW in April 06 and racked up just over 200 posts), I'm just more of a serial lurker than a responder, so you won't have had that much of a chance to interact with me.

But I do try and keep abreast of which people are fountains of knowledge regarding their specific subjects, also those who are generally helpful about the place and those who I need to avoid like the plague.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day as well though mate.

I'm not going to preach and say "take it to pm's" or "why, how, why not do....", If it was a direct hostile attack I'd be taking a difference stance (covers any member), but considering it's [i]just[/i] taking the mick out of el Dood's posting habits, it's really nothing special to write home about and completely harmless.

If anything Dood should be moaning as he's been singled out, but he's seen the funny side.

Now, for tonight I'm retiring from BC, as I've got oil and brake dust all over the back of my hand and it's going to be a pain to get it off.

Edit: Quick addition: At least here we can air our views on the actions of moderaters and admins, on other forums I've been privvy too, such threads would be deleted asap, the member warned or recieving a ban. It's one of the main reasons why I left a forum a while ago. So I'm grateful for that.

Edited by Buzz

Yeh! I've been singled out you evil people!! ;o) lol lol.. Actually, since it has caused a stir.. and frankly there is NO WAY that anyone could have made that many posts in such a short time on this forum, I really don't mind being the butt of the joke. BRING IT ON! make it 10,000 posts! May this be a lesson to you all!

Issue closed!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='3756' date='May 21 2007, 04:06 PM']I am sure dood will have his removed in due course so, no, you cant.

G[/quote]

So, when did you say this was happenning, Gary? Seems to be taking an awfully long time for a 30 second job.