Why become a member? ×

Great Customer Service from John East even though I was not strictly a customer....

yorks5stringer

I had a perplexing issue with a recent second-hand Bass acquisition which had an annoying grounding 'hum' issue. The seller was first class about it but I was unsure if the issue was with the Bass Manufacturer or the retro-fitted pre-amp. I tried checking the continuity but was getting odd readings.

I contacted  Status and John East who both replied and got a 20 minute follow-up call from John this afternoon  (as he confirmed it was one of his) on top of the 2 calls today where I'd rung him.

The shielding in the control cavity had broken down around the shaft holes which I could not see until the circuit modules were removed.

So John went well beyond the 'extra mile' considering I was not the original purchaser of the pre-amp and there was nothing wrong with it anyway!

I know it's been said before his Customer Service is legendary, I have proof of that.

P.S. I found it was better to ring him as he gets loads of emails....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

I messaged John East a couple of weeks ago through his website as I needed a pre-amp for my Spector Legend, sadly I didn't get a reply so I brought a Glokenlang from Bass Direct instead, shame really as the East pre-amp was recommended.

As I said , best to ring him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger2611 said:

I messaged John East a couple of weeks ago through his website as I needed a pre-amp for my Spector Legend, sadly I didn't get a reply so I brought a Glokenlang from Bass Direct instead, shame really as the East pre-amp was recommended.

John works alone,  and is usually away from his computer, as you can imagine, the bloke builds and sends stuff all over the world.  All on his own.  A phone call always seems to get him rather quickly because he can hear  it in his workshop. 

• Like 3