Why become a member? ×

Shuker Series 2 Custom 6
£1600
south London

norburybrook

OK. So I think the Bass was made 2003/4.  I've no idea what the pre amp is. It's a 3 way treble , mid , bass and is 18v as there are 2 batteries ( which seem to last a good while) There's trim pot , not sure if that's a gain or a sweepable mid. Looks like some sort of custom pre amp, perhaps someone on the forum would know.

Pickups are ;Bassline 6 which I believe are now Seymour Duncan  

String spacing is 18-19mm I'd say, roughly what a standard fender precision is or just under.

weight? no idea, I'll have to get some scales. It's 'normal' for a 6 string, through neck, hardwood bass, like my Ken smith custom 6 for example. They're heavy, it goes with the territory IMHO a bit like my 70's Les Pauls :)

I'll try get a proper weight measurement

Here's the pics, hope that helps. :) 

M

IMG_20201110_164337.jpg

IMG_20201110_164325.jpg

IMG_20201110_164539.jpg

Lots of traffic on here sir! You can bump your ad every 36 hours to push it to the top of the pile.

Looks like a beautiful bass mate, as a 6 string player myself I'd very happily give this a home if funds permitted, which they unfortunately don't!

Folk on here are the discerning kind and Will usually insist on good details, especially on high value basses like this, it will definitely increase your sale chances! 

Good luck with the sale, tis a beauty!!

• Like 2

There are two ways to bump.  Anyone who leaves a comment will bump the topic to the top in the expected way.  But additionally, the seller can "invisible bump" by clicking the "Bump" button (after 36 hours).  That is why a topic which appears not to have been updated for months can appear at the top.  I guess it was introduced to prevent a long-term non-selling item from having a pointless thread of 50 follow-up comments all just saying "Bump".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll fill in some blanks, as this used to be my bass... 

Jon built it as a display bass for a show in Germany back in 2003/4.... I purchased it while he was still finishing it off, so I got to choose some of the specs that were still to be decided. They are Seymour Duncan soapbars, and as far as I knew, the pre was also a 3 band SD, though what is pictured definitely looks more like Jon's own custom pre (I have Jons pre in my current bass too, and it is great!)? I had this bass for maybe 2 years or so, before Norburybrook bought it from me. In that time that I had it, it travelled to Cape Town and back. It was mint when it left my hands, and I believe still is in excellent shape. I only sold it due to an ongoing back injury, so the weight was too much for longer gigs, however, its not especially heavy for a 6, though by no means light.  Wish I could have bought it back myself!

The fretboard is Phenollic, so its very hard wearing, and gives off quite a bit of top zing to the notes. Woods are Burl maple top and back, Wenge body and neck, and Padouk fillets/stringers. The build quality is truly stunning, so much so that it inspired me to buy a further 3 Shuker basses over the years, one of which I still play today. This bass also featured on Jon's promo brochure for a while, on the front page. 

Hope that helps add some info. Its truly a stunning bass, up there with the best of them!

Regards
G!

• Like 5

Oh, and if I remember correctly, teh string spacing was 19mm. However, the neck is very flat and thin in depth, so it is very comfortable and easy to play. I've played 16mm necks that were far harder to play than this.

I do not remember what the trim pot is for unfortunately?

Cheers
G!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...