Why become a member? ×

!!! TRADED !!! WARRIOR Dran Michael 7 (DM7) Custom NT Signature, top of the range model, £1800 GBP delivered (see ad) !!!
£1800
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

WARRIOR Dran Michael 7 (DM7) Custom NT Signature, top of the range model, early bird, 1996.

ONLY POSSIBLE TRADE : LEDUC U-BASSE FRETLESS 6 !

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1800 GBP !!! (new price still is $8000 USD..)

Fully working and in excellent condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body  : two aged purpleheart wings

Top : thick aged flamed maple

Neckthrough : 3 pieces aged hard rock Canadian maple and aged purpleheart with two veneers of aged purpleheart and aged maple on each sides of the aged purpleheart core (quite thin and fast neck, think Leduc)

Fretboard : thick (7 mm) 16" radius Amazon rosewood (Spruceana Dalbergia) fitted by Christophe LEDUC (his last piece of the very old stock)

Frets : 24 (no wear at all as they are almost brand new and fitted by Christophe LEDUC when he put the new fretboard)

Headstock : angled 4 + 3 shape with aged flamed maple thick veneer

Pickups : 2 x Warrior-Bartolini humbuckers

Preamp : Warrior-Bartolini NTMB-918 FL first version (18 Volts) with the "tone killer" Sparkle Circuit removed and replaced by a classic gain

Controls : volume (push-push, yes push-push, active/passive), blend, stacked bass and treble, 3 way mid switch (250 Hz, 500 Hz, 800 Hz), mids

Tuners : Warrior-Gotoh

Bridge : Hipshot "A" Style with typical Warrior strings through for B, E and A (they can be fitted at the bridge too)

Strings spacing at bridge : 16.5 mm

Nut : bone (new one fitted by Christophe LEDUC when he put the new fretboard)

Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm

Knobs : gold metal

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : gold

Truss rod : one single action (fitted by Christophe LEDUC when he put the new fretboard)

Finish : translucent anointed oil as Warrior calls Tung oil

Land of craftsmanship : USA

Serial number : 04886

Year : 1996

Weight : 5.493 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the F string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a brand new Fame fake brown snakeskin hard case (with one key as it was delivered like this), like the ones Warrior used. The bass also comes with a brand new set of Dunlop gold Straplok as it's fitted with the flush mount strap system.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC when he did the new fretboard fitting, which also received a differential dressing. It has received two new batteries and has been fitted with a brand new set of Pyramid SSSL strings (22 - 27 - 47 - 67 - 87 - 107 - 128).

Long story short, this bass started its life as a fretted, then has been defretted, then refretted, then defretted again and received the last (too much) refretting leaving the fretboard almost non existent. So, I decided to give this bass its original design and it received a thick Amazon rosewood fretboard with classic silver-nickel frets and a new truss rod (4 mm  Allen key) as the original had broken (a common known problem by old Warrior basses). I chose the Amazon rosewood because it's quite close to the Brazilian rosewood when it comes to tone with clear and powerful low mids, thick bass and silk highs, but is also close to purpleheart in terms of colour and tone too (more low mids and less scooped by Amazon rosewood). Couple this with the full Bartolini design and you get a very versatile bass that cuts through the mix. And then the bass started some kind of Tour de France to get back to me, but it's too heavy for me (now), even if it's really easy to play thanks to the quite thin neck with a 16" radius fretboard.

Link to the Warrior Dran Michael basses : https://warriorbass.com/warrior-dranmichael.php

Link to the Warrior-Bartolini page : https://bartolini.net/builder/warrior-instruments/

Link to the Bartolini NTMB-918 FL page : https://bartolini.net/wp-content/uploads/Docs/Electronics/EQs/ArchiveEQs/NTMB-918fl.pdf

Link to the Pyramid strings fitted : https://www.thomann.de/gb/pyramid_7_string_bass_set_sssl_022_128.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles and light to see the excellent condition of this bass. And yes, the hard case is brown, but it's hard to photograph. The mark at the back of the neck that you can see clearly on the 8th photo is the sugar of the maple that has burned when sanded. This also attests the high quality of the maple used.

Here is the link to the 43 photos in high resolution : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OHOI7lEQ6IfqoZj36R-oBoffBRi8__VS?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
Spelling
  • Like 9

As can be seen in my Avatar I had a 5 string Warrior Dran Michael a couple of years ago. 
What you are getting with these instruments is Fodera, Alembic, Ken Smith etc. quality at a fraction of the price. 
Mistake of my life was selling that bass!

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic