Why become a member? ×

Favourite one liner quotes about bass?

Does anyone have any favourite quotes from well known bass players?

The same ones keep coming up when googling but some of ones I like are:

• "The gunk keeps the funk." -  James Jamerson
  • "I like to believe that I play bass like Dusty Hill, and that's something nobody else can do as well as me. I'm the best Dusty Hill I know." - Dusty Hill
  • "The bass should be the note of the bass drum, and then you've got the engine of the band that everything else builds on. Everything else, the guitar, the keyboards, is a colour." - "Suzi Quatro"
  • "The bass is the link between harmony and rhythm. It is the foundation of a band. It is what all the other instruments stand upon." - Victor Wooten

"I just loved your bass, I could feel it inside my pus*y.."

This was actually said to me during a load out once. A very pretty yet hammered girl.

I was stone cold sober (driving) and honestly didn't know which way to look or what to say other than "thanks"

I'm alright at playing rock n roll, always been crap at being it!

• Haha 6

In an in interview with Jah Wobble, he was explaining how he came up with some of the Public Image Ltd basslines.

He said he made some up without playing the bass, and choosing notes that made a good pattern on the fretboard. Quote: "If it looks good it's probably gonna sound good".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, miles'tone said:

"I just loved your bass, I could feel it inside my pus*y.."

This was actually said to me during a load out once. A very pretty yet hammered girl.

I was stone cold sober (driving) and honestly didn't know which way to look or what to say other than "thanks"

I'm alright at playing rock n roll, always been crap at being it!

What was she doing taking a pet to a music gig? You should have been straight on to the RSPCA.

• Haha 3