Why become a member? ×

Some VERY good news at last - live music back by the Spring?

Al Krow

I had a flu jab on Saturday at a local health centre and with all the COVID measures it took 55mins from joining the queue that ran 200m down the street outside to getting the injection.

It was well organised, so no complaints, but it made me think about how difficult it is going to be to vaccinate almost the entire population. It is a truly immense task.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

I had a flu jab on Saturday at a local health centre and with all the COVID measures it took 55mins from joining the queue that ran 200m down the street outside to getting the injection.

It was well organised, so no complaints, but it made me think about how difficult it is going to be to vaccinate almost the entire population. It is a truly immense task.

I had my flu vaccination recently, with all the covid measures I was in and out of building within a minute and a half, quicker than it ever has been before! I have no doubt I was lucky in this but despite it being an immense task to vaccinate (I doubt we'll make 70% of the population initially) I think it will happen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

I had my first ever flu jab on friday. In and out in 10 minutes, and half of that time was just waiting for a few minutes afterwards in case I had a reaction to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

It was a Saturday that’s gonna be a big factor!

4 hours ago, barkin said:

I had my first ever flu jab on friday. In and out in 10 minutes, and half of that time was just waiting for a few minutes afterwards in case I had a reaction to it.

I had my first ever flu jab a few weeks ago, I walked in, said hello, went into a room, had the jab and was out again in less than a couple of minutes. No queue

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Damn, I've had to turn down a Central London function gig next week as I'm out of town! Gutted! 

And I see that live music venues can open at 50% capacity and serve alcohol to ticket holders?

Consider yourself lucky. If you live in the North you cant even sit in a cafe and have a coffee. You must get a takeaway and stand outside and drink it as even the seats outside have  been removed of quarantined. Despite the fact London has an infection rate as bad as where we live. Grrrrrr.

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

And I see that live music venues can open at 50% capacity and serve alcohol to ticket holders?

How are they defining 'live music venues' this time around?  Any ideas?  Are they treating something like an O2 Academy type venue differently to The Dog and Duck with a three piece band on a Saturday night?

5 minutes ago, DaytonaRik said:

How are they defining 'live music venues' this time around?  Any ideas?  Are they treating something like an O2 Academy type venue differently to The Dog and Duck with a three piece band on a Saturday night?

Not sure - be interested in finding this out myself!

1 hour ago, mikel said:

Consider yourself lucky. If you live in the North you cant even sit in a cafe and have a coffee. You must get a takeaway and stand outside and drink it as even the seats outside have  been removed of quarantined. Despite the fact London has an infection rate as bad as where we live. Grrrrrr.

Very possible London will be moving up to Tier 3, infections are are rising rapidly.

3 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

I'm sure that can't be legal.............

😎

I guess it's back to the same 'interpretation' as earlier this year?  Frank Williams always used to tell his engineers to look at the FIA rule book twice, once to find out what we are allowed to do, and again to find out what we're allowed to not do!

Without a clear definition then a lot of venues and bands will try to get back to gigging.  As has been mentioned previously, whether this is within the 'spirit' of what the restrictions are trying to prevent is another matter.

Edited by DaytonaRik

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2020 at 14:44, barkin said:

Same here. First that i can remember anyway. Our local surgery is very well organised. Same with my local hospitals. I do consider myself lucky though. 

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

I had a stiff arm for a day or so, maybe I should had the prick in my prick

What sort of a prick would you have felt like if you had done that?

Actually don't bother answering that, 'cos it's obvious - a big one.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1