Why become a member? ×

Decal / Sticker Ideas

stewblack

Got me one of these oldie fashioned looking P Bass things. 

It's fine just as it is. Kind of creamy/pale custard colour, off white scratchplate. However I was toying with the idea of a sticker. 

Thought I'd canvass suggestions. About the same place as this one original.thumb.jpg.2da5ac37e181827c1c6d194b0c1e600f.jpg

and a similar size. 

By all means tell me not to do it at all, or warn me about damaging the finish - I don't wish to stop anyone joining in - but ideally I'm hoping for interesting ideas. 

It's all hypothetical as I'm laid up right now and looking to pass the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

The cream is quite close to desert camouflage, so what about a Mod/RAF jobby?

Like this, but muted, like when Captain America toned it down.

Anyhoo - get well soon, Stew!

CC8B8157-8F25-44F2-A84F-EC9881F17C3A.jpeg

I like the idea, but maybe a bit old dare I say relic'd

3 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

The cream is quite close to desert camouflage, so what about a Mod/RAF jobby?

Like this, but muted, like when Captain America toned it down.

Anyhoo - get well soon, Stew!

CC8B8157-8F25-44F2-A84F-EC9881F17C3A.jpeg

This one looks nice actually image.png.80fe78bc1d21cc9ac18ca24855d13c86.png

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1

That current decal gives me 'Sailor Jerry' vibes, the old style sailor/military tattoos.
Personally I'd probably keep it stock but there's a 50 pack of Sailor Jerry decals on amazon for about £10 with delivery that would be tempting me.

I don't know if I can link to amazon on here but if you search 'Sailor Jerry stickers' it's the first result there to see what I'd be thinking...maybe just the pick guard covered with the sailor girls or something similar.

• Like 1

After another look at the first pic it makes me wonder how it'd look with the cream stripped off, if the grain on that wood looked right and had a dark scruffy beaten mahogany type look to it you'd have a super ancient bluesy looking instrument. That neck, hardware and ancient pickup look ready to make a deal at the crossroads.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stewblack said:

Stannun Nollie

149681308_stannollie.JPG.6fe16f8ff01c090ae4261a1115a4eb11.JPG

Your suggestions were Laurel and Hardy or a spaceman. Ignore what anyone else may want and stick your personality on it, if that's Stan and Ollie or a Spaceman (perhaps something NASA or Russian space programme themed?) then that's what you should do! Otherwise your putting something on there peopleay ask you about and you can't explain. Like teenagers wearing Che Guevara t shirts but they can't tell you who he is. 

And yes, I did make a suggestion in the same breath as telling you not to listen to anyone else 😂

Edited by uk_lefty

18 hours ago, stewblack said:

Got me one of these oldie fashioned looking P Bass things. 

It's fine just as it is. Kind of creamy/pale custard colour, off white scratchplate. However I was toying with the idea of a sticker. 

Thought I'd canvass suggestions. About the same place as this one original.thumb.jpg.2da5ac37e181827c1c6d194b0c1e600f.jpg

and a similar size. 

By all means tell me not to do it at all, or warn me about damaging the finish - I don't wish to stop anyone joining in - but ideally I'm hoping for interesting ideas. 

It's all hypothetical as I'm laid up right now and looking to pass the time. 

What is it, incidentally...Fender, Squier, Bitsa...?

I like it...looks slab-like too from the picture...or is that just the angle...?