Why become a member? ×

Hartke XK4 - Unique Active Goodness! - SOLD!
£275
Guildford/Woking

cetera

A big potential purchase has come up and sadly I need to move on a couple of basses to help pay for it :(

So, as a result, here is my lovely Hartke XK4 active bass. I always wanted one of these as I had played one in a shop approx 15 years ago and had been blown away by the massive (almost Status/Modulus graphite-sounding) active tone, striking black/chrome and brushed aluminium looks... and easily playable neck that felt like it was short-medium scale! It didn't disappoint and I've hugely enjoyed owning and playing it. Indeed, soundwise, it's been a fave of many musicians I've ever played with as it cuts through with authority and ease.

Here's the original sales blurb from Hartke:

Designed to Larry Hartke's specifications and featuring high quality components throughout, the XK-4 represents a more accessibly priced option for professional bassists. This precision instrument features a Poplar body coupled to a Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminum component neck system with a rock maple neck shell that provides a familiar feel and easy playability. This unique neck system consists of a lightweight aluminum aircraft extrusion welded to an aluminum triple-plated chrome headstock. It not only ensures maximum resistance to atmospheric conditions and string tension, it provides exceptionally long sustain and tuning stability over the long run. A Rosewood fretboard with ultra fat action neck finish and Nickel-Silver frets further enhance playability while the XK-4's Zero-fret design provides flawless open string response.To best capture its extraordinary sustain, tone and presence, the XK-4 is equipped with high performance passive pickups and active electronics. Other features include dual volume controls; concentric bass/treble tone controls; a chrome bridge and tuning machines and a brushed aluminum finish pickguard. Like the XL-4, there is a lifetime guarantee on the neck assembly.

Poplar body
34" scale length
Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminium neck
Chrome-plated headstock
Rock maple neck shell
Rosewood fretboard
Nickel silver frets
Zero fret for flawless open string response
P-J passive pickups with active electronics
Dual volume controls
Concentric Active Bass/Treble controls
Heavy Duty 'Hartke branded' Chrome bridge
Gotoh Chrome tuners
Easy access 9-volt battery compartment
Brushed aluminium finish pickguard

Sadly, less than 1000 of these were ever made when Vaccaro suddenly went out of business and production ceased in around 2002. Condition is excellent (especially for a 18 year old bass!) with just a couple of very light surface dings on the body edge. More pics available on request.

These are high quality instruments and were priced at around $1000 / £800 new when they came out. I therefore feel I'm offering a bargain at just £SOLD!

Happy to courier at your cost (prob around £50 for 24hr UPS via Interparcel).
Payment by cash on collection (from Guildford/Woking area), Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct bank transfer.

Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

20201109_123007.jpg

20201109_123014.jpg

20201109_123034.jpg

20201109_123102.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 6

• MB1 locked this topic