Why become a member? ×

STOLEN AMPEG SVT

codhead

I remember in the 80's one of my neighbours caught some little sheet stealing from his car.  Unfortunately for Johnny Scumbag my neighbour had served with the Malayan Scouts and was an expert in counter insurgency warfare, and it wasn't long before the light fingered herbert had "fallen down the stairs, officer" quite unpleasantly.

Then the police turned up and he proceeded to fall down the stairs in the back of their van, which happened a lot back then. Shame.

12 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

I remember in the 80's one of my neighbours caught some little sheet stealing from his car.  Unfortunately for Johnny Scumbag my neighbour had served with the Malayan Scouts and was an expert in counter insurgency warfare, and it wasn't long before the light fingered herbert had "fallen down the stairs, officer" quite unpleasantly.

Then the police turned up and he proceeded to fall down the stairs in the back of their van, which happened a lot back then. Shame.

Not sure this sort of thing helps to be honest, but if it made him feel better then I’m sure that what matters. 

5 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Not sure this sort of thing helps to be honest, but if it made him feel better then I’m sure that what matters. 

It certainly didn't help the people who were beaten up by the police because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or looked like someone else, or who were black. Luckily we have got a bit better than that.

• Like 2

Heya guys,

It's back! Police dropped it back at mine last night. Now here's hoping they catch the crook that sold it! (Police have got plentiful evidence so hopefully something happens soon!)

Apologies for the VERY low res photo!

1140845115_Screenshot2020-11-10at13_51_54.thumb.png.13d3a8ca124e9d12814acabbb93cc0ea.png

Thanks all

Josh

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, codhead said:

Heya guys,

It's back! Police dropped it back at mine last night. Now here's hoping they catch the crook that sold it! (Police have got plentiful evidence so hopefully something happens soon!)

1140845115_Screenshot2020-11-10at13_51_54.thumb.png.13d3a8ca124e9d12814acabbb93cc0ea.png

Thanks all

Josh

Great news, and kudos to the cops acting so quickly. In my case, it took them nine days and a nudge from my MSP to recover my bass from Cash Generator!

• Like 1

As one who has left gear in cars loads of times as well as stacked at the back of pubs to be picked up in a couple of days or even on some occasions left all week as we were playing next weekend, I feel your pain. I was extremely lucky in that I never had anything lifted, but it would break my heart and I would have had no one to blame but myself. glad you got it back. I had to edit as I hadn't read all the replies.

Edited by ubit

1 hour ago, codhead said:

Heya guys,

Thanks all

Josh

Hang on I think you've been swizzed? How can one person hold it up unless all the insides have been removed?! Ha