Why become a member? ×

STOLEN AMPEG SVT

codhead

So my car was broken into. I left an Ampeg SVT-CL in there like an idiot, thinking no one could get into my car, or carry the thing.

They stole the head, but not the flightcase.

It’s very distinctive as it has an Allusinlove sticker on, which will leave residue if taken off, certain wearing to the tolex on the right side, and missing the bass knob.

It was stolen in Leeds, and was stolen some time in the past week. If anyone has any information please let me know. Image attached.

If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

Thanks

Josh

123817780_3294119177364578_8059875268404

• Sad 1

Ba$tards... cut off their air...

Feel ya pain... Had my Westone Thunder III Gtr along with a bag with my Boss and Amdek effects and quality leads in stolen out the back of my car some 35 yrs back... None on show, all under the parcel shelf.

Edited by PaulThePlug

What junkie could carry it more that 20ft? The fact that they didn't take the flight case makes me think they had no transport and needed to cut down the weight, as they were on foot. I recommend having a wander around the area, as they may have stashed it somewhere to pick up later, when they have wheels.

6 hours ago, FQ4 said:

Hey 

I just saw this on FB Marketplace. It has the same broken bass knob as yours, same area and crazy cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1330021617345597

Most likely the same one.

Nice work FQ4, I looked on Shpock and gumtree and all the other sites but I’m not on Facebook 

That's 100% your amp. 

Take a couple of mates incase he gets shirty, get him to bring it to the door to look at,  social distancing, you know, and just walk away with it. 

If he claims he bought it fair and square then he's as bent as the one that stole it. You can't buy that amp and sell it on for a profit at that price without knowing somethings iffy about it, plus he hasn't even got anything to test it with so why would he have bought it? 

I'm trying to remember his other items for sale to find the seller. He did have other music related items. There was a small (torque I think) combo, still had the red label across the lower corner, an old stage light and an old Nokia phone (or one of the new ones that look like the old 3310) among other things. 

3 minutes ago, No. 8 Wire said:

I didn't screen shot it, but I do remember the name, and can find his facebook page if the OP needs it.

That's why I was trying to find his other items, so I could save the seller if needed. 

Glad someone has the details in case. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Machines said:

Wow great detective work @FQ4. The dude was dumb enough to post from his personal Facebook as well 🤣. Nice easy job for the cops for handling stolen goods.

Hopefully the OP gets this back. I'd also be interested to see how the cops handle it.

I had a Helix and Jazz Bass stolen in March. The Jazz turned up in Cash Generator, the cops eventually recovered it - but indicated they probably wouldn't even speak to person who sold it to them. Simply - they'd expect the seller to have claimed to have bought it from someone in a pub and not much they could do without any other evidence. 

I'd have wanted to check out anything else that they'd sold to Cash Generator, to see if anything else had been reported stolen. When I suggested a warrant to search the seller's house for the Helix, they said it'd be laughed out of court. 

I got the Jazz back, so I'm happy overall - though really disappointed with the cops' response.

Best of luck!

George

39 minutes ago, geoham said:

I had a Helix and Jazz Bass stolen in March. The Jazz turned up in Cash Generator, the cops eventually recovered it - but indicated they probably wouldn't even speak to person who sold it to them. Simply - they'd expect the seller to have claimed to have bought it from someone in a pub and not much they could do without any other evidence. 

I had a similar experience. Had a CD player stolen from my PA rack (I had left it onsite overnight on a 3 day job). Turned up in the local CC a week later. I got it back, but was told the same thing by the police when I reported it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, codhead said:

Hi guys,

Woke up to an absolute hurry of messages this morning.

Someone's inboxed me saying they've bought it. Looks like I might get it back! Then the police can do the rest.

Will keep you all updated.

Thanks

Josh

If you need, it screenshotted the ad and was going to send it to you but our very own @walshy beat me to it! Here if you need it 🙂

• Like 1