Why become a member? ×

New Freeview Channel-Sky Arts

yorks5stringer

I think the Brian Johnson (AC/DC) on the road interview series are really good, seen the Mark Knopfler and Dave Grohl ones and watched the recent one with Roger Daltrey.

Some of the ones coming up are, Sting, Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers, Nick Mason, Mick Fleetwood and a few more I can’t remember.

Brian comes over as a great bloke and so down to earth, makes a great interviewer.

Edited by steantval

This has been on Freeview since the channel reshuffle in early October - I watched back to back a Roger Waters band concert and a Pink Floyd one - they were both really good but great to hear the different approach to the same songs in many instances - Guy Pratt on bass with Pink Floyd. 

I watched the Who and it was extremely enjoyable - Entwhistle's tone and volume on that Alembic was, shall we say, unique and loud - what was really good to see was the clear interplay and exchange of smiles and laughter between Moon and Entwhistle - I particularly noticed it when Entwhistle played that run down the bass in Summertime Blues.

Did anyone see the George Ezra before it? They played Shotgun last and the bass player used a fretless Lakland (looked like a 55-94) and was clearly having fun! The bass sounded monstrously fat compared with anything in the rest of the set (which was played either on a seafoam Precision or fiesta red Jazz).