Why become a member? ×

Little Mix and early 70's Rickenbacker 4000

Beedster

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

I knew I shouldn't have taken a speculative look at the interweb, damn you Rich Tone Music :)

image.png.a6346d1fd14b106b91777adce1d297cf.png

Hmm. Non-Original tuners and and what looks like an Allparts bridge, but with original aluminium bridge & tailpiece included (therefore likely very early ‘73). Action looks mega high but maybe fixable. Decent price, especially considering the original bridge. I had a ‘73 4000 and it was by far the most aggressive-sounding bass I’ve ever played. If JJB had played a Rick, that would have been it. I also had a ‘72 through-neck 4000 that was nowhere near as aggressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, police squad said:

great show, with a lot of talent

I voted for Since September. Bass player and guitarist with the flying V, they really had the swagger. I'd go and see them 

My girls, seven and nine, voted for them without any prompting from me, which I take as a good sign. They’re still a bit confused as to what a Rickenbacker is however :)

• Haha 1

Aside the Ric 4000, I just like the dot inlays as they look less bling than the full 4001 / 4003. I have the 4003s and it has a similar vibe, just with the extra pickup.

Today I like Little Mix just a little more (not a joke), I play along with my stepdaughter's music for the easy win!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I hate to say it but I saw that aswell 😀, I also noticed someone else had what looked like a stingray with a P pickup.

He normally plays USA MM Sterlings, but looks like he wants a Fender Mark Hoppus.

• Like 1