Why become a member? ×

What are Barefaced up to then?

Pea Turgh

On 25/11/2020 at 20:27, Daz39 said:

Very clever indeed, very nice.

But; They’ve gone the Orange route of using symbols instead of letters for knob descriptions: awful!! 

It's a cunning plan;

You fiddle with the controls while playing, inadvertently fry your drivers in the process of finding out what the controls do.  Then you have to buy a new cab. Which Barefaced will gladly sell you....

1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

It's a cunning plan;

You fiddle with the controls while playing, inadvertently fry your drivers in the process of finding out what the controls do.  Then you have to buy a new cab. Which Barefaced will gladly sell you....

Ok, I get that not everybody is a fan of symbols over words, but what do we have here? Level, gain and some kind of EQ, as in a miriad of dirt pedals out there... Even I can manage that, and I'm having a doofus maximus week :D

I'm pretty sure you will not damage anything by mistake by turning the wrong one, unless I missed the nuclear launch button ;)

Personally I had more trouble with the controls on a Mesa D800+, to be honest: dark knobs on a dark plate with a tiny white marker and small lettering labels above them. I replaced the knobs to aid visualisation, and as for the labels... I just learnt what they do. Much like in a lot of other amps and pedals: Ashdown RM series with their mirror-like face panels and black letters, great when I need to retouch my make up, terrible otherwise... and ultrabright leds on pedals that mean I can't make out where the controls are pointing at. 

I suspect we'd manage just fine ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mcnach said:

Ok, I get that not everybody is a fan of symbols over words, but what do we have here? Level, gain and some kind of EQ, as in a miriad of dirt pedals out there... Even I can manage that, and I'm having a doofus maximus week :D

I'm pretty sure you will not damage anything by mistake by turning the wrong one, unless I missed the nuclear launch button ;)

Personally I had more trouble with the controls on a Mesa D800+, to be honest: dark knobs on a dark plate with a tiny white marker and small lettering labels above them. I replaced the knobs to aid visualisation, and as for the labels... I just learnt what they do. Much like in a lot of other amps and pedals: Ashdown RM series with their mirror-like face panels and black letters, great when I need to retouch my make up, terrible otherwise

Fortunately Ashdown did that strange thing for a company, they listened, and on the EVOII version the silver front panel is now matt, so easier to see the controls but your make up will suffer.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Fortunately Ashdown did that strange thing for a company, they listened, and on the EVOII version the silver front panel is now matt, so easier to see the controls but your make up will suffer.....

:D

Nice!

I don't own one but here at Pirate Studios they have a few and I always liked them, but in dim light with the mirror panel... yeah, not great. Last thing I want when trying to read which knob does what is seeing a guy that looks a lot like me staring right back.

• Haha 2