Why become a member? ×

What are Barefaced up to then?

Pea Turgh

On 07/11/2020 at 23:53, thebassist said:

A Barefaced amplifier would be very, veerrryyyy interesting... as long as there’s no fan!

If their cabs are anything to go by, I'm looking forward to the forthcoming release of the 3 lb BF 400W All Valve 😁

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jonse said:

Re Ashdown + Barefaced, I'm using an ABM600 IV and a barefaced six10 but I'm thinking of either selling the six10 or doing a trade for a supertwin. The six10 is just a bit big. Any thoughts? 

Yes. Give me the Six10 and then rue the day you met me 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Supertwin (serial number S001 - first off the line) and ABM 600 have been sitting in our front room under their Roqsolid covers since May 2019. All the gigs I've played since then have been with the Rootmaster 800 & Super Compact (except one where I used my Elf & the SC).

If I can bring myself to part with the first Super Twin, which I have owned from new and collected from Brighton myself, then the amp and cab will be up for sale before too long. There just isn't space in the house for gear that doesn't get used.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, GisserD said:

apparently the circiut is designed by Tom at cog FX

Interesting!

I had him build me a pedal for my RATM tribute band (I called it "Raging Bull", logo on the bottom using the Red Bull font) that contained distortion, clean blend, dual LPF on the distortion, and order-configurable foot-switchable series/parallel loop so that I could add another source of dirt (or anything). Not much like the Machinist, but looking for the same kind of thing... to play the same kind of music (the Machinist being linked to Tim C)...

I can't find pictures of the final product (sold it a while ago :ph34r:) but here's one Tom sent me of the box in-progress:

IMAG2228.jpg?dl=1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

In case you haven't spotted already...discussion of the new pedal also on this thread (and in more controversial fashion!) with input from the man himself:

Barefaced Machinist - Effects - Basschat

That went a bit weird!  Ah well.  I’d still be interested to see what the amp will look like.

Edited by Pea Turgh