Why become a member? ×

What are Barefaced up to then?

Pea Turgh

Pedals don't interest me, but amps do.

So far, the quality cab manufacturers (Vanderkley, Baer, Bergantino etc) who branched out into amp design and production have come up with some great amps, but have limited their sales by only focussing on "super" amps. These have all been way outside of my, and I suspect most people's, budget. Jim Bergantino seems to be the only guy who's making a commercial success of his amp project.

I know Alex will come up with a stunning amp, I just hope there is an affordable version as well. 

• Like 3

I love the fact the UK has some of the most young, vibrant and forward focused companies as well as established powerhouse brands. I try to support them as much as I possibly can e.g. Barefaced, Ashdown, Status, Cog Effects, Rotosound, etc to name but a few. 
They really listen to their customers and I know them on first name terms so you really feel invested in their brand. Well done Alex, Mark, Rob, Tom and Jason. Keep up the good work and best of luck for the future. 

• Like 9

If Ashdown and Barefaced collaborated on an amplifier, I'd probably never bother to pay attention to another bass amp company for the rest of my bass-playing days. I've owned numerous Ashdown products at various price points, loved them all, and am currently wanting a Barefaced cabinet very badly... And yes, y'all British folks (American here!) seem to do very well on the bass guitar front. Status Graphite is pretty well the only bass guitar company that will get my money at this point. What else can I say.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

I love the fact the UK has some of the most young, vibrant and forward focused companies as well as established powerhouse brands. I try to support them as much as I possibly can e.g. Barefaced, Ashdown, Status, Cog Effects, Rotosound, etc to name but a few. 
They really listen to their customers and I know them on first name terms so you really feel invested in their brand. Well done Alex, Mark, Rob, Tom and Jason. Keep up the good work and best of luck for the future. 

Well said :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, legalbass said:

If Ashdown and Barefaced collaborated on an amplifier, I'd probably never bother to pay attention to another bass amp company for the rest of my bass-playing days. I've owned numerous Ashdown products at various price points, loved them all, and am currently wanting a Barefaced cabinet very badly... And yes, y'all British folks (American here!) seem to do very well on the bass guitar front. Status Graphite is pretty well the only bass guitar company that will get my money at this point. What else can I say.

Just for you. Hope this doesn’t cause too much envy! 😀

A582326B-792D-46B4-8CE9-E6CD7C272616.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 08/11/2020 at 09:17, pbasspecial said:

I personally would love to see a future collaboration between Barefaced and Ashdown. Would be interesting to see what Mark Gooday, Dave Green and Alex Claber could come up with. 

Most* of my amplification is the result of a collaboration between Barefaced and Ashdown - they just didn't realise it at the time. Two Ashdown heads and two Barefaced cabs. That's probably one too many of each, but they're like family now.

*my guilty secret is a TE Elf I keep in my gig bag as a backup amp - though I have used it as my only amp through a Super Compact.

A Super Compact based combo would be of interest though...

• Like 2