Why become a member? ×

Bergantino CN212 cab 4ohms. Now ***SOLD***
£630
Central london.

dave_bass5

I got this on here end of last year, and finally found the tone i was looking for. Unfortunately I’m now playing keys and have no need for this, nor the space. So reluctantly I have to sell it to make space and fund a keyboard combo. Got a few marks on it, but nothing major. Also comes with padded fitted cover. 

Here’s description.

The Bergantino Audio Systems ‘Carbon Neo’ CN series of lightweight speaker cabinets nod their head to the traditional HD series but have a different function. These are the lightest speaker cabinets that we make. The precision tuned cabinet architecture and the enclosures are built with the finest lightweight Italian poplar plywood (with Baltic birch baffle boards) selected to our specifications. This lightweight cabinet material (along with the lightweight magnet material) helps reduce the overall cabinet weight. The lightweight carbon covering is used for cabinet cover material and is also lighter than the traditional tolex covering found on most speaker cabinets. A rigid black grille is added to protect the drivers from damage.

The internal components used are extremely high quality and they are of Bergantino design. No ‘off-the-shelf’ parts are used. Woofers with Neodymium magnet material are used for the low frequency section of the CN series cabinets. The Neodymium drivers have a punchier low-end and a very sweet midrange that is placed a little more forward in the sound field when compared to the HD series. Fretless and upright players will often prefer the CN cabinets because of how the midrange ‘speaks’ with their instruments. The CN series cabinets have a high intelligibility tweeter mated to the woofers through a custom designed phase-coherent crossover with a tweeter control. Because of the increased cost of the Neodymium magnet material, imported wood for the cabinetry and the unique covering material, the CN series speakers cost more than the HD series, but may just be the right match for your playing style and weight needs.

Spec: Taken from the Berg website. Ive not weighed this, but it seem pretty close to the spec. Very easy to carry.

2 x 12" Custom Neodymium drivers with 7 oz magnets

High intelligibility 1" tweeter

Custom phase - coherent crossover with tweeter level controlPrecision tuned 100% Baltic Birch cabinet

Power handling - 700 watts rms

2 x 1/4" and 2 x neutrik connectors

Impedance:  4 ohms

Dimensions: 31"H x 18-1/2"W x 15"D

79cm x 46cm x 38cm / weight: 46lbs/20 Kgs

Not looking for any trades, and cant offer delivery at this stage. Ive just had a hernia op so cant even carry this downstairs as the moment, so buy collects from central london. 

C122E5C7-5BAB-4CDF-959E-C17E4DD53BFA.thumb.jpeg.59f9e9f537d3ec1abd15b7a20107b9f1.jpeg812F4213-8965-4983-B300-5A25DE248FA9.thumb.jpeg.a29ceb81c85acb2ac7bc14c32e3635e0.jpeg95B0B9EC-A9E3-4FE9-AEA3-E1AC56CEC17E.thumb.jpeg.df392b3c7ad21823c9d35969b637d6cc.jpegAFA7A8D5-D420-473C-BFF0-66700F1E90EC.thumb.jpeg.f18521be7becf9d3ab89bd8a54a11c19.jpeg0303C496-4DFD-4699-84C4-8501F49AC021.thumb.jpeg.523c6182675b13ee45def97186cdd7f0.jpeg

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 8

I owned this for a short while before trading it for Dave's Fearless F112. I can vouch that it's possibly the very best cab I've had (including Vanderkley, Barefaced, Mesa Boogie and Markbass).

Dave is a top bloke and looks after his kit really well. This will be an absolute treat for anyone looking for a fantastic 2 x 12.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bassfan said:

These are amazing cabs. That’s a great price. If could justify 2 I’d have it. Dave is is a great guy to deal with. Buy with confidence!

GLWTS 👍🏻👍🏻

Anyone out there tried running 2 CN212s ,just asking for a friend ;0)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, rumblefish said:

Anyone out there tried running 2 CN212s ,just asking for a friend ;0)

I think @bassfan would absolutely love to as well, so if we manage to find out the answer then...

Btw he sounds great through just one CN212!

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

The runaway winner at the South East Bass Bash Cab Shootout a few years back. Up against Barefaced, Markbass, Schroeder, Ampeg amongst many the Berg CN212 was the clear winner.

High praise, indeed, from a BC'er who knows his onions!

1 hour ago, leroydiamond said:

I have one and it is the best cab I have ever used and by some distance. Have used it in anger and it works flawlessly. Really compact size and light weight. Terrific

For me its been the perfect cab. I love the covering, and the size is just right. Not a small 1x12 that looks lost on a stage, but not an overly large heavy cab that makes me wish i had something smaller. The amount of times ive carried it up and down the stairs (we live on the 3rd floor on an estate) and not broken a sweat is great. Its quite well balanced physically. Its been the only cab ive had in the past few years that i have taken to every rehearsal and not felt i can be bothered. 

Tone wise its also perfect. Not a huge low end like the F112 or BB2 i had, so not a problem on wooden stages, and not overly bright or middy, so easier to tame. Very smooth and even across the spectrum, but still with some character and not sterile or flat. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

The runaway winner at the South East Bass Bash Cab Shootout a few years back. Up against Barefaced, Markbass, Schroeder, Ampeg amongst many the Berg CN212 was the clear winner.

That was my CN212 although I did send in a couple of postal votes on the day to make sure of victory :0) 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, goonerjoe said:

if there was a way to get to London in the current lockdown i'd be all over this. used to have a cn212 and sorely regret selling it. if it's still avaible after 2nd December i'll be in touch!

GLWTS

Cheers.  Ive had a few silly offers but nothing sensible. I can understand there isnt much need for live gear at the moment. I’m sure it will be here for a while. 

• 4 weeks later...