Why become a member? ×

What next - legal ?

fleabag

Thanks again all ...superb info  :)

Not that bothered about covering anything else other than getting my money back. Good to know that the SC fees can be included, though if they didnt, it wouldn't have bothered me.

They might refund me before the 7 day dead line, or may try to post another combo out. I'm only accepting a refund. They've had their chance.

• Like 1

I've had dealings with this bunch before,despite numerous phone calls and visits to said shop they were rather stubborn and tried to fob me off ,what did work was a phone call to trading standards (apparently  this shop has form and are well known to the local branch of T.S),I was instructed to send a letter (recorded delivery) explaining their shortcomings and sharp practices and giving them 48hrs to respond otherwise I'd take this down the legal route.

Addressed the letter to the director's

Issue was resolved within 24 hrs.

Edited by LeftyBiskit
  • Like 2

You have all the advice that you need in the above thread.  I have done this with goods, 1983 sake of goods, not fit for purpose, then small claims, issue a CCJ on the company and address, etc.   It is tough but try to keep all correspondence amiable, goes well in court.  Good luck

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fleabag said:

I did look at Small Cliams and if you do it online,  its 25 quid for anything upto 300 quid.  Strangely, i cant include the 25 quid fee when asking for my money back

I'm not sure that's right. I recently had to pursue a plumber for a very badly fitted heating system that cost me hundreds to put right and you can recover all of your costs if you win. The key to these things though is that nobody wants it to have to go to court so it's a few we'll written letters saying you will take action if its not resolved by whatever date, with loads of evidence, and then I expect most cases end with an amicable settlement outside of the court system. Its a ball ache and you shouldn't have to go that far but sometimes it's the only way people know you're serious. 

I'd say keep plugging away, if the shop is dealing with the manufacturer this can take months and be a bit of a black hole. Had it with a wireless system I bought through Andertons, it went back to Line 6 for a repair but did take ages with absolutely no communication in the middle unless I phoned and asked. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fleabag said:

They might refund me before the 7 day dead line, or may try to post another combo out. I'm only accepting a refund. They've had their chance.

If they offer an another combo I'm not sure where you can refuse to accept it as a replacement, providing it matches the original details of the item you bought.  If the original was faulty and they offered a replacement it would have been an acceptable solution - the court will take a dim view of you refusing the replacement because you no longer wish to deal with this vendor simply because, in legal terms, you have been f*cked around.

Yeah i'm not sure where i stand in that respect.  Surely there's a limit on how many times they get to sort it out before i get my money back

The first instance was the electronics went faulty,  they collected it and then sent it back in the flimsiest of packing, and lo and behold, it got bazookered by Parcel Farce.  Back it went again and thats when it went quiet.  There's no way  i was going to accept the same combo back again after all that case damage.  So how long does it take to send out another new one, if there's no repair to take into account ?  Certainly not as long as it has been right now.

Edited by fleabag

Great news.

Shame they mucked you about in first place and that it takes an email to the boss to get things done. All credit to the boss of the company for sorting it out. I bet he wasn't too pleased with the staff involved.

Good choice of MB amp too.

All's well that ends well.

Dave

• Like 1

Not quite Dave.

As it turns out, i was dealing with the boss all this time, including the original purchase, all through the emails regarding the first leccy problem, and onwards with the 2nd problem, but didnt know it

Its only when posting this thread , when someone said email the MD, that i found his name in a companies search, and of course then i found his  surname,  which i never knew before because he never gave it in communications,  just his first name.

Still,  it ended well after all that.  I'll not be doing business with them again, so they get added to the list along with Bass Direct

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 2

Actually, what pizzed me off the most was not the slackness in comms.  once the physical damage was done, although that helped,  it was more the fact that when they said they would collect to fix the humming, he warned me to pack it properly,  or they wont be reponsible for any damage en route back to them.

I said i know how to pack properly, i've sent basses and  cabs over the UK and Europe, but i cant be reposnsible for very heavy handed couriers dropping it from a great height or running over it in a forklift.  He still said i was responsible, no matter how well i packed it.  Pizzed  off No.1

I packed the thing to be bombproof, they received it and sent it back in flimsy bubble wrap  ( the thin kind ) that had maybe two layers all round, then it went in box that was too big , so it could easily flop around as well.  I would have stuffed more packing in the gaps.

Ironic that it turned up facked and smashed to bu$$ery.  Pizzed off No.2

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Not quite Dave.

As it turns out, i was dealing with the boss all this time, including the original purchase, all through the emails regarding the first leccy problem, and onwards with the 2nd problem, but didnt know it

Its only when posting this thread , when someone said email the MD, that i found his name in a companies search, and of course then i found his  surname,  which i never knew before because he never gave it in communications,  just his first name.

Still,  it ended well after all that.  I'll not be doing business with them again, so they get added to the list along with Bass Direct

I assumed the MD was the boss and not just a shop "manager".

Have you had issues with BD. I'm surprised as its one of my fav bass shops to be honest. 

Dave

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

Actually, what pizzed me off the most was not the slackness in comms.  once the physical damage was done, although that helped,  it was more the fact that when they said they would collect to fix the humming, he warned me to pack it properly,  or they wont be reponsible for and damage en route back to them.

I said i know how to pack properly, i've sent basses and  cabs over the UK and Europe, but i cant be reposnsible for very heavy handed couriers dropping it from a great height or running over it in a forklift.  He still said i was responsible, no matter how well i packed it.

Pizzed No.1

I packed the thing to be bombproof, they received it and sent it back in flimsy bubble wrap  ( the thin kind ) that had maybe two layers all round, then it went in box that was too big , so it could easily flop around as well.  I would have stuffed my packing in the gaps.

Ironic that it turned up facked and smashed to bu$$ery. 

Yep i get what you mean. Read that earlier in thread. How can you guarantee against idiots with no common sense as you pointed out the FLT driver who is blind or the courier that thinks lobbing a package is better than placing a package in his van.

Its one of the reasons i try to avoid shipping my gear. I would rather travel a distance to deliver or pick up if its possible. That's not always the case.

Dave

I've added some text to the post above while you were replying Dave.

Seemed like he was boss and shop manager at the time.  Maybe they furloughed  some staff?

I've had a major issue with BD.  Its been documented, but a bass i paid  £ 1500 for , went to BD for a commision sale and it disappeared, and i got told a pack of lies.  I had to do the same with him, send  the same sort of email that i sent HW Audio

Edited by fleabag
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I've had a major issue with BD.  Its been documented, but a bass i paid  £ 1500 for , went to BD for a commision sale and it disappeared, and i got told a pack of lies.  I had to do the same with him, send  the same sort of email that i sent HW Audio

That's not good at all. I can totally understand and appreciate why you won't deal with BD after that.

A mate's son is a Manager at GAK so i get some great discounts from him and tend to use them these days

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1