Why become a member? ×

Izotope iris 2. For FREE!!! (until 12th Nov)

GisserD

24 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

...How do I make it install onto my external SDD instead of the C drive?...

The Install procedure asks if a Custom or Default install is wanted; I chose Custom and gave the drive/folder the data was to go to. I also gave the path to my Vst folder. B|
Why an external SDD..? Is that especially fast or something..? Just curious. :friends:

15 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

The Install procedure asks if a Custom or Default install is wanted; I chose Custom and gave the drive/folder the data was to go to. I also gave the path to my Vst folder. B|
Why an external SDD..? Is that especially fast or something..? Just curious. :friends:

My internal SSD is nearly full.

SSD is a lot faster than spinning rust. Even on simple things like saving a large excel spreadsheet loading and saving is noticeably faster.

I'm trying it out now, seeing what I can come up with for this month's Composition Challenge. S'looking good, so far, so well pleased with my 'purchase'. Will it do well in the Challenge..? Given its qualities, it could well do, but given mine, it's rather more doubtful. :$ Well worth twice the price I paid, though. :i-m_so_happy: