Why become a member? ×

Fender Jino Jazz Bass

Cuzzie

17 minutes ago, Machines said:

At least it's something different ! I'd definitely be interested in trying one.

I’m not sure it’ll be available outside of Asia at least not initially unless there’s demand but of course I could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, krispn said:

I’m not sure it’ll be available outside of Asia at least not initially unless there’s demand but of course I could be wrong. 

Probably not. It wouldn't be THAT hard to stick a MM in a Squier and see what it's like.

It’s good to see Fender do something a little different for them irrespective of how deserving folk think the player is. I’ve never heard of the guy but the bass would be fun to try out and I’m looking forward to a more comprehensive demo online soon!

Edited by krispn

Is there no end to Fender's reinvention of its legacy models?  Decades old designs, rehash, rehash, rename, custom colours, tick a famous signature on it and sell it for $$$, yaaaaawn.

It's not like there's not a bass in the marketplace that has a pickup in that position.  I forget who it was, but I seem to remember an old bloke who owned a biggish guitar company set up with another bloke and made a bass with a pickup in that position.  Oh, what was the name of that company?  The model was name after a fish. 

Perhaps if I take an old Jazz and put 5 pickups on it there'll be a NJ Signature Model in the pipe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acidbass said:

Goodness me, there are so many other players more deserving of a signature instrument IMO.  And I bet you the pickup pole piece alignment is awful :(

Bit harsh in the deserving part - there will be better, there will be lesser players. He may well be big in Japan, and if he is respected there and gets people into playing music despite not being better than player X then good on him.

Pole alignment is for the OCD (nowt wrong with that) as long as they are equally unaligned across strings then the magnetic field effect will be the same.

Some decent sounds, and looks pretty cool

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Perhaps if I take an old Jazz and put 5 pickups on it there'll be a NJ Signature Model in the pipe.

1 hour ago, acidbass said:

Goodness me, there are so many other players more deserving of a signature instrument IMO.  And I bet you the pickup pole piece alignment is awful :(

😀😉