Why become a member? ×

NPD - Nice Pair of Nordstrands

adamg67

New Pickup Day... look what came in the post this morning, now sitting on the workbench waiting to be fitted to my Maruszczyk Jake 5a. NP5 and BigSplitMan 5 both with custom pole spacing to go with the 17mm string spacing on the Jake, OCD I know but it's my pride and joy bass and I wanted it to look as good as it sounds. The pole height on the humbucker is bang on for the fretboard radius as well.

I already added a series / parallel /single switch for the existing Delano humbucker, so I'll have the choice of a split coil version of a big single, or a humbucker made out of two of them (series or parallel - series should be a monster!)

IMG_2861.JPEG.73b003612f2a67a33b9a952429aff570.JPEG

IMG_2862.JPEG.96e98860cfa316aab6e0e4a526d367ab.JPEG

• Like 4

I’m keen to try the Bigman in my ‘mod’ bass. I think the coil split and Series/parallel options make it a very versatile option in a single pick up banger like mine or as part of a two pick up bass. It was the Dan Lutz model where it first caught my ear. I’ve recently installed their Split 51’s in my Jazz and dig them!

Edited by krispn