Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection 5 string fretted bass [NOW SOLD!]
£350
Aylesbury

Bass Wielder

This Japanese Bass Collection instrument is one my son has been using as his main bass. He’s gotten better so I’m presenting him with one of my ‘specials’.
It’s actually a very good professional instrument that has been modded by its previous owner. I’m not sure which model (but I’m sure someone here will tell us).

The neck is fantastic with the Ebony fingerboard and smooth 3 piece maple with frets in good condition. No nasty buzzing on a low setup that I did for him.
The body is in very good condition as well (few small dings). Beautiful wood grain that stands out!!

The mods are: 
1)Neck ‘Musicman’ style pickup with four way rotary switching (series/parallel dual and front/rear coils). Very versatile with all usable tones. Scratch plate added.
2)Bridge ‘Jazz’ style pickup. You can blend this in with the various switched options of the Musicman.
3) Belcat 2 band active preamp (suprisingly good for what it is I kid you not)
4)Extra neck bolts (very rigid if not symmetrical...done properly as extra screws are in metal cups).

Controls: high quality black metal knobs with 
Master Volume, Bass, Treble, Blend, 4 way rotary switch and active/passive switch (important feature).

Tuners: Gotoh black(looks original)
Bridge: good quality (looks like a Schaller). 
Side metal jack plate in matching black.
Truss rod cover: does not seem original but adequate.
Sound: punchy and smooth with various options as described above. Ebony fingerboard makes for a stiffer neck and good sustain.

Obviously a higher quality pre-amp could make it even better but it’s ready to gig (when gigs are ready for it:-).
PM me if interested in it as we are wanting a sale at the moment but not any trades.
Stay safe ya’ll.👍🏽

5D0E41EF-0714-40D0-8772-EBACD30D4460.jpeg

2B3AE345-C5CC-4C5E-A38F-14361434C070.jpeg

5CE93E21-BE84-425D-B015-2005573C1191.jpeg

BD6D3CF1-2DD9-483F-B780-B4141CAE8F01.jpeg

B66C6584-3EEE-40C0-99B7-D87B11DC1634.jpeg

Edited by Bass Wielder
Sold

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...