Astoroth

Hartke Hydrive HX410 Compression Driver Fuse Rating

Hi,

The tweeter/compression driver/horn (whatever you want to call it 😀) has stopped working on one of my HX410's. Driver is fine, checked fuse on circuit board and can see its blown.

Hartke in all their wisdom have covered it with gunk and I can't see what its rating is.....anyone know?

Thanks Bill but its definitely not easy to replace either way, I'm going to have to take the whole thing apart as everything is soldered on the circuit board, no clips or connectors so speakers out wiring out and then I'll post some pics as well as let you all know what fuse/bulb it is 🤣

I very much doubt it's a fuse. Normally a lamp is used so that as the current increases to the high range circuit the lamp lights more, the resistance across it increases and reduces the signal to the high driver protecting the diaphragm. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sbrag
      2 x Hartke Hydrive 112 HD cabs. For sale. Only selling as ive just bought a Barefaced Super 12T and can't keep them all.
      Pretty much mint condition. I've used them at about 3 rehearsals and I think the guy I bought them from had gigged them once. I don't think they've ever been pushed hard. 
      Switchable between 4 and 8 ohm and come with unpadded vinyl covers.
      Looking for £175 each or £300 for both.
      Socially distanced trials welcome at downend in Bristol. Collection preferred but will post at buyers cost and risk. 
      No trades thanks.
      Features:
      Manufacturer: Hartke Series: HyDrive Capacity: from 200 Watt Capacity (Watt): 300 Impedance (Ohm): 4, 8 Number of Speakers: 1 Speaker Manufacturer: Hartke Speakers: 12" HyDrive Papier/Aluminium Tweeter: Yes Bass Reflex System: Yes Number of inputs: 4 Input: Speakon + jack Wheels: No Tilt-back design: No Width (mm): 483 Height (mm): 406 Length (mm): 381 Weight (kg): 15.4

• By cetera
      A big potential purchase has come up and sadly I need to move on a couple of basses to help pay for it
      So, as a result, here is my lovely Hartke XK4 active bass. I always wanted one of these as I had played one in a shop approx 15 years ago and had been blown away by the massive (almost Status/Modulus graphite-sounding) active tone, striking black/chrome and brushed aluminium looks... and easily playable neck that felt like it was short-medium scale! It didn't disappoint and I've hugely enjoyed owning and playing it. Indeed, soundwise, it's been a fave of many musicians I've ever played with as it cuts through with authority and ease.
      Here's the original sales blurb from Hartke:
      Designed to Larry Hartke's specifications and featuring high quality components throughout, the XK-4 represents a more accessibly priced option for professional bassists. This precision instrument features a Poplar body coupled to a Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminum component neck system with a rock maple neck shell that provides a familiar feel and easy playability. This unique neck system consists of a lightweight aluminum aircraft extrusion welded to an aluminum triple-plated chrome headstock. It not only ensures maximum resistance to atmospheric conditions and string tension, it provides exceptionally long sustain and tuning stability over the long run. A Rosewood fretboard with ultra fat action neck finish and Nickel-Silver frets further enhance playability while the XK-4's Zero-fret design provides flawless open string response.To best capture its extraordinary sustain, tone and presence, the XK-4 is equipped with high performance passive pickups and active electronics. Other features include dual volume controls; concentric bass/treble tone controls; a chrome bridge and tuning machines and a brushed aluminum finish pickguard. Like the XL-4, there is a lifetime guarantee on the neck assembly.
      Poplar body
      34" scale length
      Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminium neck
      Chrome-plated headstock
      Rock maple neck shell
      Rosewood fretboard
      Nickel silver frets
      Zero fret for flawless open string response
      P-J passive pickups with active electronics
      Dual volume controls
      Concentric Active Bass/Treble controls
      Heavy Duty 'Hartke branded' Chrome bridge
      Gotoh Chrome tuners
      Easy access 9-volt battery compartment
      Brushed aluminium finish pickguard
      Sadly, less than 1000 of these were ever made when Vaccaro suddenly went out of business and production ceased in around 2002. Condition is excellent (especially for a 18 year old bass!) with just a couple of very light surface dings on the body edge. More pics available on request.
      These are high quality instruments and were priced at around $1000 / £800 new when they came out. I therefore feel I'm offering a bargain at just £SOLD!
      Happy to courier at your cost (prob around £50 for 24hr UPS via Interparcel).
      Payment by cash on collection (from Guildford/Woking area), Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct bank transfer.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

• By silverfoxnik
      *** Now SOLD ***

Hi Folks,
      For sale only is my Hartke HA5500 Amp which I bought on Basschat last year from @Linus27
      This is the big brother to the more commonly seen HA3500 head, which is now acknowledged as one of the classic bass amp designs - a testament to Larry Hartke's impact on the bass world over the last 30 years or so...
      The amp is in very good working order and is in great condition comes with a Stagg case which makes it really portable. See photos below. 
      This is an amazingly versatile amp that is 500 watts and it really is mega loud and has plenty of 'heft' ! 😁  No wonder it was Billy Sheehan's 'go to' amp of choice for years!! 
      It delivers 500 watts at 4 ohms and 330 watts at 8 ohms. It has a tube preamp (a single 12AX7) and a solid state preamp with the option to blend the two sounds - which is a really great feature. 
      Apart from the two preamp option, it has other fantastic tone shaping features which are extremely easy to use, including a fantastic compressor and a switchable 10-band graphic EQ.
      And as if that wasn't enough, it also has a low pass and high pass contour filter. To be honest, I have always tended to use these 2 contour controls instead of the graphic EQ to dial in my sound, but if that's your thing, then the graphic gives you loads of additional control over your sound. 
      Here's the link to the tech spec and more info.. 
      http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/amplifiers/ha-series-amplifiers/ha5500c/
      * 500 Watts of power at 4 ohms
      * Tube and solid state preamp sections
      * Passive and active input sections
      * Bass, treble, and contour controls
      * 10-band graphic EQ
      * Variable compression
      * XLR direct out
      * Effects loop
      Link to the manual :
      http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/support/manuals/HA35_5500_OM_5L_V5.3_1.pdf
      I'm only selling because I've got too many amps and not enough gigs! And, when I was gigging more regularly before the lockdown, I tended to always use my full valve amp...
      So, here's your chance to pick up a classic versatile and great sounding bass amp at a very affordable price! 
      Covid safe and properly socially distanced vewings are possible and welcome (by arrangement) in Littlehampton, West Sussex and yes, I'm happy to send by fully insured courier (at buyer's expense) if necessary. 
      Any questions, please ask away here or send me a PM . 
      Thanks for looking.. 😊
      Nik 

• By basslondon
      War torn bass head needs a little tlc electronically. One output works ok the others need attention ( possibly output mosfet replacement) other wise functions ok. May even be sorted by switch cleaner on the Mono /Biamp switch. I never bothered I just used the good output in my rehearsal studio for years!
      Sold as a fixer upper but works if you use the single good output. The other outputs sound gritty and distorted.
      Cheap as chips for a 700 watt head!
      Any queries drop me a message....