Why become a member? ×

What sets off your BROCD? (Bass Related OCD)

donslow

I was reading this thinking how hard it must be to get through life worrying about such irrelevant details.... and then amp overhang was mentioned and a shudder ran through me. Then stacks with different size cabs... I started to twitch. 

And I recall just how insanely angry I get if a strap button  is located on the heel of the neck I stead of where it should be so the bass falls away from me when I'm trying to play the damn thing. 

This led me inexorably to the most heinous of all crimes. Neck dive. 

And I realise that we all ha ve our irrational ticks. Yes I've used a clip on tuner, no of course I won't be putting on and off all night, but then neither would I clip it on the very end of my headstock or, heaven forbid, the front of the headstock, so you would hardly notice it anyway. 

Oh God I need help 

I got obsessed a while there with having the relief and string action exactly “right” , got feeler gauges and those metal string height gauges to get the height “correct” which always felt a little on the high side for me . Eventually I threw out the rule book and Adjusted the neck relief and bridge action to what felt and sounded right to me and I couldn’t be happier.

3 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

Amp heads that overhang cabs. At all.

If you’re into old school valve heads and don’t want to use a 4x10 you’re kinda caught there . Never bothered me so long as all 4 feet touch the cap OR the cap fits between the feet. Partial feet resting on the cab is just ridiculous 

Edited by Quilly

5 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

See that is one reason I dont use my CTM100 much. It is a perfect fit for the TC112 cabs, but only sideways! On my BC112 cab it fits perfectly if it is sideways!

I once used my CTM-100 with the two10 on its side. It was a bit ridiculous looking and verging on a safety hazard.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, casapete said:

Yes, good call sir.

I’ll also add brightly coloured instrument leads - yes I know that dayglo pink makes them easier to find at the end of the gig, but just wrong, okay? 🤢

Dayglo pink leads also stop light fingered guitarists 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1