Why become a member? ×

2012 Fender American FSR Standard Hand Stained Ash Precision Bass.
£900
Northumberland.

Si-Fi

So i'm deciding to sell a bass or two, I tend to use my EUB, Status and Jazz basses so this one is not getting the usage it deserves! 

I purchased this bass 6 years ago from this site. It has played 2 festivals and been recorded on 1 album in my hands so truth be known it's had minimal use. I'd like to think that is reflected in it's condition which barring a small ding that it came with is excellent.

The finish is stunning, plays a dream and it sounds superb. It comes with SKB Fender hard case.

I'm based in Northumberland, given the pandemic situation at the moment try outs are tricky. I could give a link to the album....no plug intended believe me! guess there is the option of Zoom to have a listen.

. Unfortunately I don't have any scales to weigh the bass, If I can find some I will do that.

Not looking for trades. I've never posted a bass before but i'm sure this could be arranged at buyers expense and risk but only within the UK.

UPDATE. Royal Mail can do around about
£30-00 special delivery guaranteed next day fully insured. Signed for.

I'll leave a little bit of spec. Thanks for looking and do take care. Cheers. Simon.

Precision Bass Ash body
Hand-rubbed stain/satin lacquer top coat finish
Modern "C" shape maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
20 Medium jumbo frets

Satin finish on back, gloss finish on front
Posiflex graphite neck support rods
S/S pickup configuration
American Standard Precision Bass single split coil pickup
Master Volume and Master Tone controls
Chrome hardware
HMV, High Mass Vintage bridge (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)

Nut width 41/42 mm. (41.3)?

DSC_0732.JPG

DSC_0725.JPG

DSC_0727.JPG

DSC_0728.JPG

DSC_0730.JPG

DSC_0731.JPG

DSC_0721.JPG

DSC_0723.JPG

Edited by Si-Fi
It's a rosewood fretboard not maple as stated. Been a long week!
  • Like 13

19 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Lovely bass - used to be mine I believe.

Traded for a Warwick Zebrano Doublebuck if I remember right....met around Kirkby Lonsdale.....??

Mine too at one point, traded for a 62RI and cash... lovelly bloody bass. Miss it.

avalon.jpg

Edited by Nibody

29 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Lovely bass - used to be mine I believe.

Traded for a Warwick Zebrano Doublebuck if I remember right....met around Kirkby Lonsdale.....??

That's right, Kirkby Lonsdale! nice day out apart from waterpump hose went on the way back. Rang green flag and I got towed to Carlisle. The bloke who came out was a legend, did a fix on it so I could drive it back. 

It is a lovely bass mind.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Si-Fi said:

I know the feeling, there is one bass I regretted selling in the past.

Wasn't sure till I compared the grain pattern - and that difference in stain colour just on the bass side of the bridge. I bought it from somebody else on here. If I had £900 burning a hole in my pocket I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Looks like you looked after it well, glad it's had some decent usage.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, thebassist said:

I’m very surprised this is still available actually - it’s a great price honestly - they’re ultra rare - when they came out I bought the Jazz Bass equivalent - a fabulous instrument.

You're right mind. I picked it up earlier and had a noodle around.

I think I might be falling in love again!

• ped locked this topic