Why become a member? ×

November Composition Challenge

lurksalot

OK Here we go , it is time to get your creative juices bubbling with the inspiration of the following picture chosen by the winner of  "Lurksaliitles' Favourite Number Challenge" , which was of course @upside downer , though due credit being due to his co-winners of the composition challenge last month of @Dad3353 and @xgsjx

PAY-Kasia-on-the-Segway.jpg

Usual rules apply. You know the drill:

✔️ Entries must be <5 minutes and written/recorded this month.

No illegal samples, copyright infringements or other snide goings-on

Bagpipes. Never. Also on thin ice with panpipes, to be perfectly honest.

No voting for your own entry. We'll know. And we'll shame you.

Deadline for entries is midnight on Monday 23rd November 

DIVE IN 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Well I’ll be honest I have an idea in my head that is waaaay , waaaaaay beyond my ability ,and far to clever for my own good...

S'probably somewhat close to my first reaction, too..! S'gonna be a bit more supple stubble supp.. foxy if I can work it out, but all the more difficult to pull off (Ouch..!).B|

• Like 1

I’ve sketched mine out , I just need to learn it so I can actually practice playing it , I am trying to keep it simple , but I am probably going to stick a vocal on it just to bugger it up , and no matter how much rehearsal time I throw at a vocal, it will still very much require  an acquired taste to fully appreciate it 😎

Here is my contribution to the November 2020 Basschat Composition Challenge, inspired by a picture chosen by the previous winner: Upside Downer..!
Modern Times, indeed; this is an interpretation of Electronica, whereby things will buzz and whirr up close, then fade away. We should no longer be surprised by what we encounter in our daily promenades; just be thankful that, for the moment, Little Green Men are not among us (or are they..?). No batteries were harmed in the making of this piece.
I often use these occasions to try out new stuff I've acquired, and here there is double innovation. All the tracks were played on my tiny Keystation keyboard, triggering a new (to me...) Iris 2 synth, from Izotope. The drum track was, for the first time, played 'live' on my electronic kit, triggering Superior Drums 3; one take, no editing, and so warts'n'all. Mixed in Reaper (what else..?), with a smattering of Ozone and Rich presets as 'polish'.
Thanks for listening, if you already have; if you're about to, enjoy.

• Like 3

... and in less time than it takes to actually play this short track, 'Naomi' finds it 'awesome', and wants to give it worldwide exposure..! I've not bothered to find out how much this promotion would cost me..! :laugh1:

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

... and in less time than it takes to actually play this short track, 'Naomi' finds it 'awesome', and wants to give it worldwide exposure..! I've not bothered to find out how much this promotion would cost me..! :laugh1:

Naomi is good Dad, she’ll have you top of the charts in every civilised nation and some that aren’t , well worth the investment , but then , she hasn’t heard mine yet :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Isn't Naomi the one with the fully cantilevered chest? She seems not so fussed about the tunes but rather keen on offering up 'worldwide exposure' of her pendulous charms instead.

3 minutes ago, upside downer said:

Isn't Naomi the one with the fully cantilevered chest? She seems not so fussed about the tunes but rather keen on offering up 'worldwide exposure' of her pendulous charms instead.

Intrigued by your, apparently knowledgeable, description, I actually went to see what's at the other end of the kind invitation to world stardom. I see a quite different persona as an avatar (I wasn't enamoured by the chest I saw...), and the latest posting on offer is, it would seem, a lengthy monologue from a world-famous astrologue, to judge from the description. I'd have listened through it, but I have some paint that needs attention whilst it dries, so I'll forego the pleasure. Feel free, though, but I think the chest will disappoint. :|

• Haha 1

Nearly completed the mess I started ! It has, at least, a working title,a start and an ending..

On 07/11/2020 at 22:53, lurksalot said:

and no matter how much rehearsal time I throw at a vocal, it will still very much require  an acquired taste to fully appreciate it 😎

I've managed  a way round this Lurks. I've found a gizmo that pitches my vocals to 50khz. The dogs on the estate are going crazy but to the human ear it's inaudible 😌

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Do you ever find you start out in one direction and end up somewhere quite strange? I often find the tunes take on a life of their own and lead me to odd places. Or is it just me?

Oh yes!

This month it turns out I'm a beardy, middle aged rapper, despite no experience of that genre.... You know like that Scoopy Snoopy Dog-Dog Fella!  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Do you ever find you start out in one direction and end up somewhere quite strange? I often find the tunes take on a life of their own and lead me to odd places. Or is it just me?

If that doesn't happen, then you're doing something wrong..! :lol: The 'life of their own' that my stuff takes on is far better than anything I could have thought of by myself..! :$

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1