Why become a member? ×

Esperanza Spalding.

bubinga5

My wife is not really into this sort of music but EVEN SHE  looked up from her samsung conversation vortex and said..  "ooh she's excellent isn't she", while i watched Esperanza Spalding live dvd. Debora never usually says anything about the music I listen to. never..... ever!.

Its very old this but her electric/acoustic bass playing and singing is really something special. imo. Even my soft rock pop balad loving wife thought so.!! 😆 

• Like 5

On 06/10/2020 at 10:09, bloke_zero said:

Anyone know where I might get a fender style medium scale neck? Seem rare as hens teeth!

Superb, thanks for sharing. I haven't heard her play electric bass before (just an Eminence small bodied double bass), but she manages to get a nice woody upright vibe out of that Fender Jazz. What a gig!

25 minutes ago, PatrickJ said:

She's a real talent isn't she.  I love that video you shared and have watched it many times, along with this one

It's funny though as I did try giving a couple of her albums a go on Apple Music but couldn't get into them - must try some others.

Absolutley effortless. Real quality.

I can't call myself a "fan" but I bought Radio Music Society years back and it's a good calming album to have on while trying to concentrate on work. Great bass playing, musicianship and composition and an incredible voice. 

I followed her on Facebook for a while and it got a bit weird and art studenty for my liking so I'll stick to the jazzy albums. Have just got hold of chamber music society and giving that a run through this morning 😊