Why become a member? ×

Ashbory bass - now £175 - SOLD.
£200
Poole

alyctes

An Ashbory, in blue. 

Bought second-hand several years ago, for a friend who listened to it once and said "I want one!".  She's now sold it back to me, but I don't need it.

In good nick, with (I think) Aquila Thundergut strings, which have been on it long enough that they've changed colour slightly (a massive improvement on the original silicones, which snapped if you looked at them cross-eyed).  All works well.

The photos show it as I've used it, with one strap button removed; I hang it round my neck so it sits more or less vertically with the headstock by my left ear.  I'll find the other strap button.

£175 plus shipping at cost; it will be well packed, in its own bag and with bubblewrap inside and out.

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

Edited by alyctes
typo
  • Like 5

I have a black one of these, I bought it originally to practice on holiday (back when holidays were a thing) but was pleasantly surprised to find that it can be used for much more. The Aquila strings are a significant improvement over the originals.  GLWTS.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, I just pulled my Ashbory out to show my son yesterday.

The first time I saw one of these was in a shop when I was a teenager in the 1980's, so that was probably a Guild.  I thought about it for many years since and didn't know what it was called, until in 2004 I was at a local farm where they have rides and shows for kids.  Someone had model bass with the silicone strings taped or bolted or somehow affixed to a wood pole so someone could play it as an upright.  I snuck a peek at it so I could see the branding and bought one online shortly thereafter, it's a black one with "Ashbory" on the front, like the one in this ad. Nice to have in the collection for something different!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, syntap said:

Ha, I just pulled my Ashbory out to show my son yesterday.

The first time I saw one of these was in a shop when I was a teenager in the 1980's, so that was probably a Guild.  I thought about it for many years since and didn't know what it was called, until in 2004 I was at a local farm where they have rides and shows for kids.  Someone had model bass with the silicone strings taped or bolted or somehow affixed to a wood pole so someone could play it as an upright.  I snuck a peek at it so I could see the branding and bought one online shortly thereafter, it's a black one with "Ashbory" on the front, like the one in this ad. Nice to have in the collection for something different!

I've seem pics of an Ashbory bolted to a mike stand; that sounds similar to your arrangement. 

I just put it on a strap round my neck, that seems to work happily.  It's much better than trying to play it like a bass guitar, at least for me.