Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn. AC Retro 4
£1495
Wigan

MNY

I picked this bass up new in early September from The Great British Bass Lounge in Macclesfield.(RRP £1975) It’s a superbly well made instrument and it sounds wonderful but I would really like some sort of 5 string. 18-19  mm  string spacing is preferred. I am probably happier going for a straight trade but not for anything too heavy, this bass is pretty lightweight at sub 8 pounds. Also happy to consider a trade for something of lower value, possibly Ibanez with cash my way.  The bass comes with a Fender deluxe gig bag which is super high quality and virtually brand new.  If you have any questions please send me a message. 

Here us a link to the bass on the AC site and the review of this instrument by Mike Brooks. 

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0291retroj4/

6D500539-96EE-4557-87D1-24D984E6B32C.jpeg

4A759DC1-0BD4-4F49-802F-8A7258DD0A9B.jpeg

25BFFD9D-E223-4F97-862B-1B51BE8C07DE.jpeg

771E2698-3B91-47E8-AEE5-1FDC67B2D81E.jpeg

Edited by MNY
Change to title
  • Like 6

I can’t see the point of trying to move this tbh considering yesterday’s announcement,  coupled with the fact that playing it yesterday made me reassess my requirements.  I can play most of what I hear on a 4 string and quite simply this is in my opinion one of the best boutique basses money can buy bar none. The build, action and sound is incredible. I might just fit a D tuner if I can find one to match, which might be tricky.

Thanks Brian, I hope you are keeping well by the way.   I think I need the G more than I do the B, and I can always just tune the E string down to D when necessary I guess.  I love listening to Marcus Miller and he seems to tune his Fender down from time to time, rather than play a 5 string. Although on Wayne Shorter’s High Life he plays 5 string on the track ‘On the Milky Way Express’ and it sounds ridiculous. ( in a good way).