Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Alembic Europa 5
£4250
Hilversum, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Milkyway

will4bass

Alembic Europe 5 in beautiful black and fantastic/hardly played condition. 

Europa electronics: 3 knobs and 3 switches.
The knobs are: volume; pickup blend (pan) with center detente; and filter. 
The switches are: bass cut/flat/boost;treble cut/flat/boost; and Q on/off. 

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-31 om 14.59.38.png

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, Steff said:

Is that what he uses there!?

might be tempted to part with my MTD and my PJ Lakland for that! 

Yes on all the bungle stuff. Mostly plays a 70s P bass now apparently. 

The Europa was a ‘91 five string in natural with a reverse headstock. 

The closest I ever got was a six string Elan which was really nice but I’m bad enough on four strings let alone six!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I should post a clip too... but I am very bad at it.. no good recording facilities, always a bit 'lost' for what to play without some context. But okay, I did a -test-run' and it sounds 'okay' (could be much better though, so plesase use your imagination) and I will share something next days.  IMHO the the beautiful black thing has more to offer that what is been demonstrated. I have owned and still own quite a few high end basses, which include custom Fodera, Sadowsky, Ken Smith, Alleva Coppolo, vintage Fenders/Music Man, Spector USA, Xotic, Steinberger, Status etc etc and oh yes: Alembic, but no bass I owned or even even played has such a 'grande' full range presence and smooth playability. The string spacing is quite perfect for many I think, just a bit over 18mm on the low strings and a little less on the high strings: very ergonomic. But that one thing you cannot measure is there in full glory: how it feels and inspires to play. This is a true gem for the connaisseur. Alembic is not for everyone: some hate it, some love it. Everybody will agree it is something special.   

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic