Why become a member? ×

Getting a bass refinished in print

Woodinblack

Is there anywhere that isn't crazy price where you can get a bass refinished in a print?

I tried myself but turns out badly, I have to accept I have the guitar finishing skills of a computer programmer!

Seems guitars are the only ones that get this sort of treatment from fender apart from the paisley jazz recently at a very high price.

This is the sort of thing I would like: https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-guitars/other/shawn-mendes-foundation-musicmaster/0140292523.html

As I am sure everyone will agree, that is great and would perfect as a bass in a death metal group or something

hNmriWa3cjuwqZMygZ39c6-970-80.jpg.42a985cfa0bf32a1fc1322fcf9773a09.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Sounds like a good idea for a cover, although that doesn't make that sort of finish does it, that is under the laquer.

Pretty sure they do top coats also, wrap it or put print onto the bass or guitar and add a few clear coats. Not rocket science, probably something a computer programmer could do!?! 🤣

Most cheap basses which have a sunburst finish have a photo print top and bottom layer with clear coat over it. So if it can be on cheap basses, sure it can be done cheaply.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Pretty sure they do top coats also, wrap it or put print onto the bass or guitar and add a few clear coats. Not rocket science, probably something a computer programmer could do!?! 🤣

Literally no. I have tried. I can't make a finish with a spray can (which is what I have) that looks professional. 

1 hour ago, mikem8634 said:

Wow, that's quality work. Not particularly to my taste in those instances, but that's not the issue. Really good stuff.

Those were customer requests. He can do anything. He did a stunning job for my son based on his band logo.