Why become a member? ×

Sansamp pedals

dasbear69

Horses for courses really, imo all of Tech21s gear is great, it’s just a case of establishing which fits best for the individual. In my case, as in my last band I needed a twangy overdrive sound I found that their Para Driver, which has sweepable adjustable mids was the right one for me. 

I suppose the first thing is, when you used the Bass Driver could you get what you wanted from it? If so then stick with it, however if there was anything you wanted that it couldn’t do then research their whole range, they’re bound to have something that suits.

• Like 1

I had a BDDI and could never get the sound I wanted (Squire, Glover, Camp, Hughes Etc). I replaced it with a VT Bass DI which is far better for what I want.  I liked it so much I bought 2 x VT500 heads to match. 

I’d like to try a para driver though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

I had a BDDI and could never get the sound I wanted (Squire, Glover, Camp, Hughes Etc). I replaced it with a VT Bass DI which is far better for what I want.  I liked it so much I bought 2 x VT500 heads to match. 

I’d like to try a para driver though. 

There’s one up for grabs on here at moment (not me selling it btw)

I prefer the BDDI to the VT,  but you can't really go far wrong with either. I've got the BDDI V2, and I really enjoy it, but the  original version is equally great.. 

The BDDI is largely based on an Ampeg ,anyway . To me it always sounds reminiscent of an SVT with the" Deep "switch turned on, with a bit of GK 800RB thrown in for good measure. .